Check This Out - Scrapbook Layout by Natalie Elphinstone

08:00

Hello Polly fans!

It's Natalie Elphinstone here and I'm so excited to be sharing the layouts I've made with the latest kit.

I just adore the products in this month's kit. For a start, any kit that's called Candy Dreams just has to be filled with yumminess doesn't it?! And it didn't disappoint. I started my first layout with an teal, sky blue, hot pink and black colour scheme in mind because I knew it would match perfectly with this photo of me and my girls at a Winter Ball we went to last year.


When I crack open a kit I usually look for which patterned papers are subtle enough to be used as a background and I automatically fell upon the b-side of the Dear Lizzy red polka dot paper which has a light blue notepaper design. But I certainly couldn't deny the Fancy Pants star paper a feature too, so I worked with both of them as the basis for this page. The only thing I've added to my background that's not from the kit is the pink cardstock edging.

I've found that working with a colour scheme helps me decide which products to focus on from the kit, and also prompts me to get a little creative. For example, once I decided on this colour scheme I knew the Woodgrain Thickers just wouldn't have the impact I was after for my title. So instead I hand-cut the letters out of the thick Glitter Ribbon from American Crafts. I quite like the imperfect look of them.

Moving onto my embellishments now. I really wanted to make the most out of the amazing teal Corrugated Card by Amy Tangerine and had to spread it out amongst my 3 layouts (coming soon!).  Here I've cut it into banners for a fun textural embellishment, and for continuity I also used it as my photo mat.

I always like to add journaling to my layouts and for this page I typed it out onto the Fancy Pants chevron paper and cut it into strips before sewing it down. I finished off my layout with a little bit of stamping, scattered some handcut stars and popped on one of the Basic Grey flags with foam tape.

So that's my first layout. Can't wait to share what else I've done with this kit with you too.
You can see my sneaks on Instagram if you follow me there (user name: natalieelph) ;-)

More to come very shortly!
xx
Natalie

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous work as always Natalie :-) Love the design and colour scheme... and such a great pic of you and your 2 little darlings. Who wouldn't love a kit called Candy Dreams! Mmmmmmmm ;D

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive