December Main Scrapbook Page with Manda

11:00

Hello there, happy new year! It seems like a long time since I have posted but I have been working away at some new projects and am looking forward to doing lots of scrappy projects here at Polly! in the coming year.

Today I wanted to share with you a new page I made with the December Main Kit - Watermelon Gelato. This is such a fun, bright kit that instantly brings summer to your mind, perfect for scrapping those holiday pics.

With this layout I decided to try something different by doing an 8.5x11 layout which is something I hardly ever do - I think I have made maybe two ever!

This page is about me gardening which is also something I seldom do because I manage to kill everything. So this year I wanted to grow some tomatoes and other vegetables. I thought the colours in this kit were perfect for this photo as well as the strawberry embellishments. Also I loved the little "The Good Life" sticker for a gardening page (most of you probably don't remember that show, my parents watched re-runs all the time, I think they wanted to go all alternative like Tom and Barbara), I think these Mambi stickers are perfect for adding an accent over blank space on photos.
I used a sketch by Shimelle for this layout but I wanted to add a couple more layers. I also wanted to make the embellishments a little more layered so I cut some of the circles from the Maggie Holmes Fine China Paper.

This page is made completely from the main kit however once I finished I realised I had actually cut my paper 11.5x8, clearly I was having a very ditzy moment, so I needed to strip the top and then mounted the whole layout on some pink cardstock from my stash.

I hope that has given you a few ideas for how to use your kit and remember if you share your work on facebook or instagram make sure you use #pollyscrap so we can check out all your fabulous creations.
Have a great day,
Manda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive