Our Lifting Chain Challenge - with Kate & Ruth

11:00

Good morning Polly fans,

Kate here to start the morning with a layout of my son, using the divine (and so far my favourite!) Spearmint Leaves kit. Sadly, it's sold out, or I would grab another one myself! When I saw a gorgeous layout from Kayla, which you can see here, I knew that I wanted to try to scrap lift it. So, on National Scrapbooking Day, when I was busy scrapping with Carol, I decided to give it a go. And here is what I came up with.


When I first saw the colours in the kit, I knew that I wanted to scrap these photographs of my middle son, Luca. There were taken about 18 months ago, but I love the expressions on his face. And those eyes!! But when I was looking at the photos, I just couldn't choose a favourite, so I decided to go with both, and turn it into a two photo layout. I was really inspired by the diagonal line of Kayla's layout (and I'm still tempted to add some of those gorgeous wood veneer stars to the page too!) So I played around until I was happy with the placement of the photos & the leaves to create that diagonal flow. I also loved the title on the side. I really love how that looks. I didn't want to add too many layers, as I really wanted the photos to be the centrepiece.

And then came the fun part. The stitching. You see, I haven't sewn for about 20 years, but as I was over at Carols, I had access to a machine. So I went for it. Let's just say it provided us with some laughter, and quite a bit of unpicking was required! But I love the final look to the layout, with the stitching around the edge and the stripe of transparent trees sewn directly to the photo.

Here's a closer look at the journalling. Just a little message for him. This layout will go into his album.


 When I posted a photo of this layout into our DT group, Ruth instantly said that she wanted to lift this one. And so the DT Lifting Chain Challenge was born! I think it might go on for a while! And so now, I'll hand over to Ruth to show off her lovely lift of my layout!


Hi!! Ruth here with a scraplift of Kate's amazing layout, though my photo is not a patch on hers, how gorgeous is her son? I loved the way Kate's layout created cool vertical and horizontal lines and elements, the title and the border strips really frame the photo and the story in a way I love with the embellishments drawing the eye down and across. I used the border strip at the bottom and the vertical title in my layout just like Kate, but the single photo made it more square than rectangular, I went with it and did thr title as a shorter wider appearance.
Then she also picked an iconic shape (leaves) and then used it across multiple places in the layout, which I really liked as well. For mine I chose circles and repeated them in stickers and also with stamping (I did some second / third generation stamping for fun) making that diagonal line across my page (the opposite direction to Kate's though). Even the tag was chosen for the colours and the circlular stylised flowers on it to continue that theme. I mixed in some hearts too as it was a photo from my wedding anniversary weekend away. :)
Kate also carried the thickers from the title to the embellishments and there too I lifted that for my layout, scattering a few asterisks into the embellishment clusters.

I used the April Polly kit and used the addon kit too for the scripty alphabet and a few of the stickers (hearts mainly i think) and the journalling card under the photo ("the good life"), everything else is from the April kit, which is sold out, but June is nearly here and it is an AWESOME kit, I will share some sneaks on Saturday.

I would love to invite you all to try scraplifting a DT layout, one of these two or any other, share in the Polly VIP lounge or drop me an email if you would like to be featured on the Polly blog with your take scraplifting a DT,

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. YAY this looks like fun :) I think I need to play along as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive