Some "Strawberry" Pocket Pages - with Kate

10:00

Hi Canaries,

Kate here, sharing some Project Life pages that I created using the September Project Life kit Strawberry Fields & the embellishment kit, Abbey Road. I went to a scrapping camp over the weekend - camp.paper.scissors - and was happy to try to get caught up with my Project Life. I didn't succeed, but I did make a good dent in the outstanding weeks! The spreads below represent 3 weeks over 4 pages.

So, shall we get on with it?


Above is my week 35 spread. I used the papers from the Shimelle range to make all my 4x6 cards, and mixed these with some plain white 3x4 cards that I inked the edges in teal. I also made good use of all the printables this month. They really suited all my photos. Across the 4 pages, I also made a feature of the cork embellishments, also from the Shimelle range. I like how they pulled all the pages together.

Here is a close up of the LHS.



You'll see that I also included the Thickers from the scrapbook kit from this month. I love to use Thickers in my PL, and I always ask Manda if she has purchased extras (from the scrap kit). Most months she has extras, so I just purchase the co-ordinating Thickers to use in my PL. Win win for both of us! I love the labels from the printables, and made good use of them buy cutting in half to label with the day/date. Love my tiny attacher for adding things on. And the Shimelle rub on's! I really like how they turned out as a little extra on the cards.

And now the RHS. I really wasn't sure how I was going to use that clock cork piece. And then I remembered we had been timing Alex on this laps at the BMX track. PERFECT!


Moving on to Week 36 & 37


I followed the same theme. Patterned paper 4x6, inked white 3x4, cork embellishments & printables. As the year has gone on, I've been finding that I need to simplify my project life, simply to get it done. I find focusing on using a few things repeatedly & then adding in a little stamping - works for me - and enables me to create spread fairly easily. That really is the beauty of using the Scrappy Canary kit. Just lay it all out & apply. All the thinking & matching has been done for you!


I also added on quite a few of the Studio Calico little words. I love those sticker sheets, especially when there are a lot that are applicable & not too themed. For this spread, I was able to use quite a lot of them.

And here is the RHS, which features two of my favourite photos for this second half of the year. Nothing cuter than a 2 year old playdate (on the left) and an almost 8 year old crashed out on the couch with this teddy. Makes my heart sing!


As soon as I saw that "Be passionately curious" cork piece, I knew that I had to use it for our first family geo caching adventure. I decided to go with a one page, photo heavy spread & to just sum up the week on the title card, because I don't want our PL to be full of too many "filler" cards. I didn't have enough photos for a two page spread, so decided to combine the two weeks into one. I think it works.

Well, I hope that you have enjoyed looking at my spreads. Please pop over to the store to check out some of the kits that are left. And it's almost time for a new one!!

Till next time!
Kate



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive