You could BE MINE with a CANDY HEART - Pocket Life Layout with Lauren

09:00

Hi Scrappy Canaries - Lauren here! Happy Monday - I hope that you all have a great start to the week and that the sun is shining where you are!

Today I am showing you my latest Pocket Life Spread, using both the Be Mine Embellishment Kit and the Candy Hearts Pocket Life Kit.

In my last post I showed you four ways with the January Sketch. In that post I made two of my cards for this spread - my title card and a filler card. Here is the filler card that I created that I showed you last time:


However, when I started putting my spread together there was a bit too much pink on that side of the spread. So I decided to keep with the same theme of the sketch but change the backing paper to the light blue cameras - I also added the pink heart paper, an extra enamel dot. I also used the Elle's Studio Wednesday cork embellishment - as I used them across the spread.


So Week 47 was a bit ordinary - I took a massive stack on my bike! So being the scrapbooker that I am I had to take a photo of the damage while I was waiting for a lift to come and collect me and my mangled bike! 


I decided to stitch the title 'ouch!' using a stitching template and some coordinating coloured thread. I just love stitching on layouts. 

I loved the January sketch so much that I decided to use it again to create a filler card:


I loved the Dear Lizzy papers - especially the ones like the 'you're so sweet' that you can cut down to create really cute feature embellishments. I loved this one especially, as my husband and I are massive donut lovers! This final filler card was a nice end card to the spread as it matched the title card. 

I don't know about you but sometimes I really struggle with choosing what page protectors to use for my spreads. 


Often it depends on the spread and the photos, but sometimes it is the look that I wanted to achieve. 


I went with two Design G page protectors. I'd never done that before and I am really happy with how that turned out. 


So there you have it Canaries - my spread using the January kits! I can't wait to see what you all create with the kits! I will be back in two weeks - I'm in the midst of moving house so who knows what I will create!!!!! Have a great week! Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive