I AM … Me! Using Pocket Life Cards in traditional layouts with Lauren.

09:00

Hi Canaries, Lauren here! Happy Monday! I hope that you all had a crafty weekend! I got crafty plus I also spent a lot of fun time with family - with good food and time outside in the sunshine!

I have had so much fun playing with the February Pocket Life Kit 'Courageous'. There are still some left in the store so make sure that you head over there and pick one up before they are gone! I have made a full Pocket Life Layout and two traditional spreads, plus I have a whole lot left! Talk about great value!


As my other spread and my take on the March sketch were for Week 1 2015, I felt that the Simple Stories 'I Am' products were perfect for a page all about me to start the year off. As you can see about I used 5 3x4 journalling cards in the background, I then layered strips of the journalling cards and cut out images from the same cards.


Using the Simple Stories 'I Am' Journal Card Elements I fussy cut a lot of them to add additional embellishments to the layout, as I didn't add any additional products to what I had in the kit (apart from the thickers that I used to spell out ME). You can see the words, the flowers, the heart along with the 'I am' title were all cut out by hand.


Using foam tape adds extra dimension to the layout. How great are the gold accents, both in the journal card elements but also in the My Minds Eye On Trend Foiled Stickers. It is great to add touches of gold across the layout.

I wanted to use grey card stock for the layout, given the grey colour elements in the cards and the black and white photo that I used on the page. I felt though that it was a bit harsh on the layout, so I decided to layer vellum to soften the colour. To add additional embellishment to the layout, I not only distressed the edges of the vellum (to tie it in with my previous layouts for Week 1) but I also hand stitched a border.


Hand stitching the entire border certainly reinforced to me the need to get a sewing machine to use on my layouts! I love how the stitched vellum looks on the layouts.

So there you have it gorgeous Canaries - my last layout with the February Pocket Life Kit! I adored working with it, I can't wait to see what the March kit has in store for us! Lots of love and creativity, Lauren xx.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive