Week 11 Pocket Life share...

17:15

Hi again :) Agnus here with another pocket life share using the February 'Courageous' kit.


Have I already mentioned that this is one of my all time favourtie kits? The colours and elements all work so well together and it truly makes creating pages so easy.


I  recently purchased some new water colour pencils and was inspired to create a custom water colour title card using one of the die cut words from the kit. 


I cut a piece of water colour paper to 6x4" then held the die cut in place while I slowly coloured around the word. Colouring in the same direction helped to create even coverage. 


After I had the outline done, I then went back to to create darker coverage and also added a few complimentary colours to create a subtle ombre effect before using a water brush to blend all the colours together.


Giving the card plenty of time to dry, I then used metallic thread to stitch a border and embellished the card using several pieces from this month's kits. I added a few drops of spray mist and attached the die cut word with thin strips of foam tape to create a floating effect over the white outline.


In keeping with the water colour look of my title card, I used a few of the feather die-cuts from the embellishment kit to add some detail to my date card.


 I love the way the overlay worked with this pic of my son playing one of his favourite games on the iPad, and I used several of the gold foiled stickers to help add some depth.



I added a Chipboard Frame from the I Am Collection in the store to help draw attention to one of the Fundamentals Stickers from the same collection to create a quick filler card.


I also embellished a couple of cards that featured gold foil to help tie everything in together. 


 Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to use the code 'AGNUS10' to save 10% off your next order from the Scrappy Canary Store





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive