Week 5 with Lauren - It Glimmers with Gold

09:00

Hello Canaries! Lauren here!

I hope that you are all having a great week so far - I have been having an absolute ball creating with the latest Scrappy Canary Kit - the March Pocket Life Kit: Whimsy. This kit is so yummy!


Today I am showing you my Week 5 spread using this kit - I am already so behind in 2015! Argh - I really need to get cracking. At least I'm up to February right?

As expected for those of you that know me, I adore the Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine Phrase Stickers. I decided to make them a consistent element across the spread and I made them a feature of the Week 5 title card. I love the look of them down the side of the card.


I then took one of my heart punches to the Project Life - Heidi Swapp gold foil cards to create heart embellishments to use across the layout. I also cut out the light blue label from one of the Heidi Swapp cards and used it for the title. I also added some of the Heidi Swapp chipboard shapes.

I love gold, it really makes a layout pop don't you think?

The Pinkfresh Studio - Up In The Clouds 3x4 Foiled Journalling Cards were awesome. The combination of geometric shapes, phrases, hearts and stars were awesome!

I loved the Pinkfresh Studio - Up in the Clouds Wood Word strips and I thought they were perfect for my nephews' cheeky first day of schools photos.

I embellished the adore card with some hearts - you may think that it looks a little plain with that empty space, but I have added a photo since, that I didn't want to have on the internet for someone's privacy (it's not x-rated don't worry!).


On the right hand side of the layout I used two of the Pretty Little Studio - You & Me 4x6 Watercolour journalling cards to capture some of the happy moments of the week. I also cut these cards in half to use for 3x4 journalling cards too.

The Elle's Studio Yellow Letters & Numbers were perfect for titles for the week and for photos.

As you can see on this page, you can also see how I have used the Amy Tangerine Phrase Stickers across the spread. They are so cute and the phrases really help add additional journalling or memories to a layout.

The 'Happy Days' card perfectly summed up a lovely afternoon that Ash and I had eating delicious treats in the sun!

You can see in the photo below how I used one of the Heidi Swapp 3x4 gold foil cards as a matt for the photo.

I also put the photo on an angle so that it coordinated with the photo of the soccer that I included on a journalling card in the opposite corner. I also added similar embellishments for consistency.

As you can see below I created a filler card using a Heidi Swapp chevron foil card and one of the heart embellishments. The filler card also matched the punched hearts that I have used throughout the spread.
  

Also, how great are the Elle's Studios Cienna Snippets labels. Not only was a able to include journalling across the spread, but also for a title on the card about my trip to the movies. This card also coordinates with one that I did on the left hand side of the spread. As you know - I love symmetry and consistency in a layout. 

So there you have it, my Week 5 spread. I'll be back soon with another layout - in fact, the March kit is so jam packed I have another spread in it! How awesome is that! Don't forget that there are still March Kits available in store and if you use the code LAUREN10 you will get 10% off your order! Have a great week, Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive