Click Click Kit!

14:31

Or Snap Snap! as my layout says!

I had a chance to play with the new kit today, I had a lot of fun putting together a relatively quick layout.

There is only ONE of these kits left in store, so if you want to be lucky last you can find it here.


 Ok so I am going to share a little step by step of how I created the below layout, and it only takes about 30 minutes!

SNAP SNAP!

 Step One: Take your teal cardstock from the kit (the backside is a solid yellow) and ink the edges in brown.

Step Two: Take the blue cloud vellum paper and cut it to 9 1/2 x 9/1/2 inches, ink this with the same brown ink. At this point I also took a star punch from my tools and punched a star through the vellum in the top left corner (this acts as a little window through to the background, you could put something behind here if you wish) Adhere the vellum to your background (I have used staples as glue or tape will show through, however you could place your adhesive behind your photo will sit so you don't see, or use things like stitching or brads to adhere) I have also at this point dragged by brown ink softy around the edges of the vellum to create a bit of a frame.

Step Three: Using the ruffle paper, I decided to cut each ruffle into strips rather than use the whole sheet. Using the lighter yellow and white, I have layered two strips across the 9 1/2 inch vellum piece (the yellow strip I have created shorter for a more pieced look) I have also taken the filmstrip die cut and cut this to fit within this vellum piece, layered in with the ruffles. Adhere.

Step Four: I have used one 4x6 photo. I created a double photo matt. The first was a thin matt of vanilla cardstock and then behind I have used the yellow chevron paper and created a matt which I have then distressed with a distressor (or you could use the blade from your scissors to create the same effect). You can also see from the photo I have used the acrylic stamp that comes in the kit to create a notebook edging on top of the photo matt. You could ink this matt with brown also (I have only inked the vanilla matt). Before sticking my photo down, I used the chipboard tag that comes with the kit to do my journalling (this was inked in brown and finished with twine. I have stuck this partially behind the photo and then adhered the photo down.

Step Five: Now onto embellishing. I have used my star punch once again (with the yellow chevron paper) to create some elements for my pages, you could also use elements from the element sheet by Echo Park in the kit. (I have used a few bits and pieces from this like the star sticker, little sticker banner and ephemera pieces.

Step Six: To finish off I have added a chipboard swirl, denim flower and sewed button, and then dated with the new Dear Lizzy Date Stamp (which I will be getting back in stock in the store!) and don't forget your title with those gorgeous glittery thickers!

Here is a close up of my finished page:


I hope those that managed to get a kit enjoy playing with theirs.
I will be back soon to share more from this kit.

xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! Also love the pic that you have used.....so glad that I get to play with this kit too!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive