Lauren's spin on February Sketch Duet

11:00


Sketch Duet with Lauren



Hi lovelies, I am back drawing my inspiration from Kate and taking on a Sketch Duet using this great Polly! Sketch designed by Manda.



For this sketch I decided to incorporate it into a 12x12 layout and a birthday card, using both the January Almond Biscotti Scrapbooking Kit and the Raspberry Shortcake Pocket Scrapbooking Kit. I loved playing with these kits and there are still some available in the shop – so head on over to www.pollyscrap.com.au and put them in your cart! You won’t regret it! 

The focus of this layout was Gratitude, my One Little Word for 2014. One Little Word is the brainchild of Ali Edwards, and is about choosing a word to guide your year. You can find out more about OLW at www.aliedwards.com. You should think about taking on this challenge this year – lots of the Polly! ladies are playing along.

My word for 2014 is Gratitude. This word came to the front of my mind in the week before Christmas. I was keen to document how I chose Gratitude, or more like how it chose me, as my OLW. I thought that the sketch was a great way to include some personal journaling. It is also really nice to sometimes scrap a photo free layout.



As you can see I have incorporated the sketch into the broader layout – this is a great way to use pocket scrapbooking and card sketches, even if you only traditionally scrap.

On my base page I used my Mister Huey’s mists to create some droplets on the page, using colours that were in the papers. I loved playing with the Printshop papers and all of the embellishments in the kit. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the title, and then added a sub-heading using the Printshop Thickers.



I am so looking forward to exploring my OLW in 2014 and I will be documenting my journey with GRATITUDE on my blog.


As it is a sketch duet, I decided to incorporate this sketch as part of a birthday card. 



Cards are a great way to use up scraps and give new life to the last bits of kits. Often when I give people money, I like to incorporate it into the card, so it becomes more than money in an envelope. This sketch was perfect for that, as it was a cute pocket.


I hope that you all enjoyed my take on the sketch and I'd love to see how it inspires your own creations. Have a wonderful week and be grateful. L xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive