Sketch Duet - February edition

11:00

Morning fellow Polly! fans,

Kate here with the February edition of the Sketch Duet. The idea is to provide a sketch that can be used for greeting cards & Project Life cards - to encourage you to use up some scraps from your beloved Polly! kits. Today I've got two examples to show you - both using supplies from the January Pocket Scrapbooking kit - Raspberry Shortcake. If you don't already have this kit, I know there are a few left in the store - and it's a great one. Here are some links to examples from Nae, from Lauren & one from me.

So, here is the February sketch provided by Manda.


Firstly, here is the greeting card that I made following this sketch (and for once, I followed it quite closely!). 

Those patterned papers are just so delicious - and having co-ordinating papers, makes teaming them up so easy! As a mum of 3 boys, I rarely get to use pinks in my Project Life spreads, so I always like to use these papers for birthday cards. We have some gorgeous little girls in our life who will love a bit of a pink card! The grey label is just from my stash, the Happy Birthday is a stamp from Kellie Stamps & the pink enamel dots from the kit just finished it off nicely.

For my Project Life card, I used a 3x4 card from the Midnight Core kit as my base. This time, I interpreted the sketch slightly differently, just adding one stripe of patterned paper & a double layer of labels. This time the labels were stamped onto patterned paper using stamps from my stash. The sentiment is perfect for the "party" insert that I'm working on for my Week 4 spread.


And for just a little more inspiration, here's my Week 4 spread which is also using the Raspberry Shortcake kit. You can see how the party insert will match in.

LHS


RHS


And one insert



For this week I did team the kit with the Midnight Core kit to add to the kit a little, as it was my second week using it. So, from one kit, I have so far created 2 weeks of double spreads + 3 double page inserts + 2 greeting cards. And I still have MORE!! 

I'd love to see your examples if you play along with the sketch. Link us up in the comments section. I hope you've enjoyed some inspiration from the January kits.

Till next time - happy crafting.

Kate



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive