Polly! Guest Designer - Louise

11:00

Twenty14


Hi everyone, it’s Louise again, back to share another layout I created using the January Polly Kit, Almond Biscotti.

This time, I wanted to use the large twenty14 diecut as my focal point on the page and to tell the story of what will most likely define 2014 for our family.  We bought a beautiful acre of land about a year ago and the building process is about to start.


With building as the theme for the page, I decided to use the woodgrain patterned paper as the background and create a simple vertical panel with patterned paper, my photo and my journalling.  I will let you in on a little secret though- to stretch my kit further, I actually cut 4” off the woodgrain sheet, then cut the remaining 8” piece in half and adhered each half to the outside edges of some plain cardstock, leaving a gap in the middle which was then covered by the feature vertical area of my page.  I do this kind of thing a lot with my supplies, especially when I want to use the reverse side of the patterned paper on my project. 


I used some of the Basic Grey diecuts from the kit, the wood veneer January tag and the twine Ruth used to wrap the embellishment parcel. 


I added some stamping in among my journalling strips using the stamps in the kit, and I love the interest that added to what started off as a pretty boring area of the page.  To unify the colours a little better, I added some peach ink splatters to the black and white papers.  Machine stitching added some extra horizontal interest and subtle texture.





See you soon!

Louise

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive