Plus One Project Life - with Kate

11:00

Good Morning Polly! friends,

Today is our Pocket Scrapbooking inspiration day & I'm excited to share with you an insert that I've made with the recently released March Jellybeans kit. It's a beautiful kit, featuring lots of Amy Tan! This insert represents the weekend from the Project Life spread that I shared in our Sketch Duet post here. That weekly spread featured a lot of black & white with some pops of colour, so I wanted to make sure that the insert matched in well in my album. 


The front of the insert features my Saturday - and Camp.Paper.Scissors. I visited for the day (and did some whirl wind crafting!). As is typical of me, I didn't take any photos (too busy talking!) - so I had to "borrow" these to include in my album! Say hi to fellow Polly DT members Carol & Lauren there too! 

I decided to concentrate on 2 main colours, the aqua & the hot pink - and to add a pop of yellow with the alpha & stickers. So, a couple of details. When I received the kit, the first thing that I did was to cut apart the 2 6x12 pages from the Plus One collection & to also cut apart 2 pages from the 6x6 paper pack. I had already printed 2 copies of the printables (I get this done at Officeworks onto card stock - love, love, love). When I added all of these together, I had a very large collection of embellishments! (surprisingly large actually!). So, my process started by making up some clusters from the cut aparts, printables & stickers & then finishing off with some of the embellishments in the kit. When I made them, I wasn't exactly sure where I was going to use the clusters, but had a lot of fun putting them together. Here are a couple of close ups.


Here is my title card - using a cut apart card as a base & adding one of my created clusters. Everything is from the kit, except the wood veneer circle which was one of the goodies given to us at camp! I really love the die cut cork geotag, and knew that I had to use it on my title card. I mounted in on a  printable & sticker to give the heart a pop of colour. One of the things I liked most in the Plus One collection was the white sentiments on colour. So I decided to continue this with my stamping. I've never had much luck with white ink on coloured card stock - it never stamps crisp enough for me. So I decided to use white embossing powder with versa mark ink to emboss the sentiments. The #camppaperscissors sentiment is a stamp from a specially created Kellie Stamps set, for attendees at the camp. I love how it look in white! 


This is my favourite card in the spread, probably because I love the Amy Tan exclusive acrylic heart. So cute to work with and am loving how it looks mounted on the black printable star. Another cluster & I decided to work with the "love" that was printed on the paper pad sheet. And yes, I love my Polly! gals! A little more white embossed stamping with the "scrap camp" stamp. Of course, I had to use a couple of punched circles (it has got to blend in with my weekly spread after all!). The small alpha is left over from last months Salted Caramel Icecream kit. Gosh that alpha sheet has gone a long long way! I really like to have at least 2 size alpha fonts on my cards.

And now for the back of the insert, which represents Sunday, a family day at the local festival. Again, the bright colours suited as it was such a bright happy day!


The photos aren't that great, but the memories are, and my kids had so much fun on the rides & creating things. Love those Simple Stories word stickers included - they add a pop to the photo without much effort! Again, I pre-made some embellishment clusters & then added the kit embellishments on top. Simple, effective & quite quick (I played around while watching my favourite TV show - Scandal for those who are curious!). One final close up!


I think my favourite part of the kit is definitely the Amy Tan acrylics. I really like the little touch they add. Am hoping (hinting!!) that we get some more (Ruth are you reading?!). This is a gorgeous kit - I'm really enjoying working with it - hope you are too. And if you don't have one, it is sadly sold out - but subscribe!!! Go on, then you never miss out!

And don't forget that Lauren & I are having a stamp set GIVEAWAY! You have until Saturday to enter. Details are here. Go on - it's not hard at all!!

Enjoy - till next time
Kate

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive