Guest Designer - Gail Lindner

09:00


Hello!

It’s Gail here to share with you the layouts I created using the May ‘Palm Tree’ kit.



The first thing you’ll notice is that I created two layouts that are quite contrasting - one quite boyish and one that’s in a softer, more feminine style. I hope this proves how versatile the kits are!

First up is a layout of my new sweet baby boy. I’m quite a “B-side” scrapper as in I often use the reverse side of pattern papers which is usually a more simple pattern. For this layout I used the reverse of the Pink Paislee ‘Raindrops’ and the Bella Blvd ‘Surf n Turf Starz’ to get the navy/grey colours that suited my photos perfectly.


I had to use the wood veneer happy word on my first layout - who can resist that??? I reinforced the theme of “happy boy” by using sunshine quotes and die cuts from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack.


I only wanted to add a few yellow accents as a pop of colour.
 

And as I often do, I finished my layout off by handstitching a circle around my centered photos and embellishments to break up all the straight and square elements.


That happy face makes me smile J

For my second layout, I used the fabulous Heidi Swapp ‘Dreams Come True’ paper for my background as I loved the subtle sunburst pattern. It lent itself to a softer colour palette so I kept it quite simple and added a pop of hot pink from the Basic Grey ‘Beautiful’ paper and a dash of aqua as well.

I wanted to have my title as the feature on this layout - can you see what I’ve used as part of my title? I received the ‘Love’ mini stencil as part of my kit but rather than use it as a stencil, I used the actual stencil on my layout! 

I first trimmed the word from the circle and machine stitched it onto my layout. I layered my title over the two vellum polaroid frames for extra interest.


Digging through the emphemera pack was so much fun! I settled on the three flower die cuts to add to my layout in three places as a visual triangle. I adhered them with foam dots for a little extra dimension.


Well there you have it . . . I hope I’ve inspired you to get scrapping with the June kit if you haven’t already! And I also hope I’ve shown you how you can get two very different looks using items from the same kit!

Thanks for having me as a guest designer - I had so much fun playing!

Gail

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love, love, love your 'so love this' layout so much. It is really beautiful. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive