Tropical Twilight Project Life - with Kate

11:00

Good morning friends,

Happy long weekend to you all. Hope you're all enjoying a bit of sunshine where you are! I'm here today to share my Week 19 Project Life spread, using the stunning Tropical Twilight (PL) & Trade Winds (Embellishment) kit from May. I think these kits are my favourite to date (although it's a tight race with the March kit!!). So bright, and cheery & perfect for my Week 19. And full. Jam packed full! So far, I've managed to do 2 x 2 page PL spreads & a layout, with PLENTY more left. I'm thinking I might make a card gift set. Anyway, onto Week 19!



This was the week of Mothers Day, which for us this year meant the Mothers Day classic. For once, I was able to grab, and use all the pink stuff in the kit!!!! Because my photos were quite bright and full of all sorts of colours, I decided to add some white base cards into the spread to tone it done a little. I went through all the papers, began cutting strips to use, and all of a sudden a city scape was born! Suited perfectly because of our trip to the city on Mother's Day!

So, looking more closely at the LHS


It's a toss up for me whether the Amy Tan wood veneers, or the Heidi Swapp embellishments were my favourite things on the kit! I just love those small triangles & couldn't stop myself using them everywhere! Our week really was a very happy week, so I wanted to highlight that on the Title card.


The LHS also features some other events of the week - cross country at school, story time at the library & a "Meanwhile in" from my sister in London, who sent me this gorgeous photo of her in a field of bluebells. She knows I love to include her in our album when I can. 


Here's a close up of part of the city scape. I even included the date stickers as buildings, and cut some of the embellishments to look like buildings too. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Something a little different!

Onto the RHS, and our Pink day! Go Team Pink! 


It was such a wonderful Mother's Day spent in sunshine in the city, celebrating some very special women in our life - including my mum. The boys were very happy to wear pink for the day, and we really did have a lovely adventure. I added a city stamp to complete my cityscape, and I also used the alpha from the Scrap kit - Palm Tree, and one of the little embellishments you can see on this photo of us walking. The sentiment was perfect & really reflected the message that we were discussing with the boys while we walked.


And finally I created this card with a  die cut, the Heidi embellishments and a piece of thicker acetate. Once again, it just expresses the message we were talking about with the boys on the day. Simple but lovely.

Hope you've enjoyed my take on the May PL kit. I'm loving seeing your examples in the Polly VIP room on Facebook. Please come visit & share!

Enjoy your weekend.

Till next time
Kate

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive