June Sketch Duet

09:00

SKETCH DUET: a sketch designed (by our very own Mandalika Designs) to work for more than one kind of project, eg layouts, PL, cards.


A Sketch Duet is something that us Polly! Girls absolutely love to do - it gives us all a chance to put our own spin on things, try new things and get creative! This month, Manda has put together an amazing sketch and in today's post I am going to show you three different takes - two cards and a Pocket Scrapbooking insert, using all of my left over bits and pieces from the three May kits.

First off I gathered all of my left over supplies from the Basic Grey high line collection - as you would have seen from my last blog post, I absolutely adored the bright colours of this collection and I thought that it would be perfect for a fun fresh and happy card. The transparency and die cut pack was overflowing with goodies, perfect for not only PL but also cards and layouts. 

For the background paper and the strips I cut down the leftover papers that I had from the Palm Tree May Scrapbooking Kit. 

Inspired by the elements and the sketch I thought that it would be great to create two clusters of embellishments and the top to reflect the title at the two squares and then in the bottom half to reflect the strips. That's the beauty of a sketch it is there to inspire you, not dictate. 

I thought the Love You made up the the various paper strips, the veneer heart and the enamel star all added to the overall theme and there you have it - a fun card.

For the second card I used mostly the papers from the Palm Tree May Scrapbooking Kit - when you rethink some of the papers and use them in different ways, it is often hard to believe that they came from the same kit as the papers in the card above. That is the beauty of kits - there are so many options and appeal to so many tastes.

I decided to make a more male oriented card - the guys are often so hard to create for aren't they? I think this card is a lot of fun though and perfect for a guy of any age. 

Firstly I cut out strips of the words from the patterned paper and selected two to use as my sentiment. To add extra dimension I added some crystal effects to make them pop! Then using two of the Simple Stories cards in the Pocket Life cards I cut of some banners and stars. I then fussy cut the star paper to make a border and used one of the monthly printables for the title. A couple of dimensional dots on the Today for pop and there you have it - card number two! 

Finally I went to Project Life and turned the sketch on its side to create a flip pocket. Some weeks you just have grand adventures and a double page spread just doesn't cut it - that's where a flip pocket is perfect as it gives you just a bit of extra room. 


As you can see if you change the orientation of a sketch you can really make it work in any size or style pocket. For this cards I used supplies from the Tropical Twilight May Pocket Life Kit and I went with a black and white theme, which really worked with the movie ticket. Don't forget, all those tickets and business cards in the bottom of your handbag are perfect to incorporate into your memory keeping. Now, let's not even mention the amazingness of the Dallas Buyers Club film - all I will say is that you have to go and see it! Immediately!!! Warning though - you may ugly cry like I did. 

Anyway, there you have it - my take on the June Sketch Duet. I can't wait to see your take on the sketch. We are also running a Sketch Duet Challenge competition over at the Polly VIP Lounge on Facebook and show us your take on the Sketch Duet!  The prize will be an exclusive from our June exclusive designer.. (squee!) and it will be something that is NOT in the kits, so that anyone getting any kit will still be keen to get it. This is for an exclusive item that is not for sale and is not in kits. (It will be similar to the kit exclusives).
The deadline to add your project is 8pm AEST 15th June. After release we will use random.org to pick a winner. Post your projects in this group. You can enter as many projects as you like, this is intended to be an inspiration and motivation to create stuff, so there is no limit! 
Hope that you all have a wonderful week and keep creating! Love, Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive