Road Trip Layout with Manda

20:45

Hi everyone Manda here and today I am sharing a layout I made using the July Road Trip Scrapbook Kit which I made for a challenge over at Creative Scrappers using the sketch below.
I am an avid lover of sketches as a starting point and quite often use them as inspiration. For this one I swapped the circles for triangles using a cut file  Ashley Horton’s Etsy Shop – The Cut Shoppe called Tricky Triangles which is a full background piece but I only used part of it to reflect where the circles are on the sketch.
I used a piece of kraft card from my stash as a background, I had tried white but it wasn't looking right. For the background behind the triangles I also used a piece of patterned card, originally the kraft was meant to show through but made it look wishy washy. This month I also got the Scenic Route Embellishment Kit and the Day Trip Pocket Life Kit so I  had some extra goodies to use when I layered under my photo and added embellies. I added my title and used a piece from the Teresa Collins sticker sheet in the PL kit to ground it so it wasn't just floating in the middle of the page. I also used some of the cork chevrons from the June Kit.
Hike02Once I had finished the layering under the picture and frame my page had a little something missing so I used the Studio Calico Star Sequins from the main and some Candy Dots in Canary from the shop to add some clusters diagonally across the page to help balance the layout.
Hike03So that's it from me this week. Don't forget if you make something using the kits to come on over and share it in our VIP Facebook Group because we love to see what you create.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive