A little metallic love & the Scrappy Canary cyber crop - with Lauren

18:16

Happy Sunday Canaries! I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend! All of us Canaries are having a great weekend as it is our Cyber Crop weekend! For the last two months we have been having Cyber Crops on Facebook to coincide with our monthly kit reveal.

For the Cyber Crop we have a lot of challenges from the DT - last month included a sketch, a journalling challenge, a recipe challenge and a colour challenge. It was so much fun, with lots of people taking part, inspiration from the DT and fantastic prizes to be won! We have great stuff planned for July and you have until tonight to take part!

Here is the sketch that we used last month, back when we were still Polly, we had so many great entries! I always find that sketches are so inspiring and often give me the kick start I need!


To inspire you to come on over to our Cyber Crop I have put together my take on the sketch using the June PL Kit, the Embellishment Kit and the extra add-on, Pancakes & Maple.

I love using these kits and I drew my inspiration from the gorgeous metallic elements from the kits.

We were so lucky to have had Wilna Furstenberg design the exclusive acrylic elements, along with the stunning stencil. I used the American Crafts Metallic Markers to colour in the stencils, the silver on the black card stock came out so well!

I then used a range of the embellishments, plus the patterned woodgrain paper from the Tea & Toast PL kit to create the bulk of the layout.

I also punched some stars out of the metallic washi tape to add some extra embellishments to the page.

It was so much fun creating with the metallic elements and it meant that I could capture a special Mother's Day.

So there you have it, my take on the June Cyber Crop sketch challenge and hopefully it inspires you all to come over to the Scrappy Canary Facebook Cyber Crop event - there is still time to participate in the event as it runs until late Sunday night! Keep crafting, L xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive