Just A Bit Cute with Sandra Bunch

09:00

Bah! Did someone say colour? Did someone say grey? Manda nailed her first scrapbooking kit, mixing the neutrals and colour so perfectly, don't you think?!

The Studio Calico 'Turnip the Beet' paper (my background) - one could say a soft brown, another could say grey... I say STUNNING! It was definitely the inspiration for me in selecting this photo of my son from our summer holiday on Moreton Island, that I've been saving for just the right papers. And with so much white space in this photo, it was the perfect opportunity to use the frames in the July scrapbooking kit too.

Our last day on the island was actually really grey and rainy, so I had already enhanced my photo a little digitally. But to draw out the aqua in the water even more, I used the aqua packaging behind the photo. It was already a little crumpled, so I didn't want perfect edges, so I simply used my steel ruler to slice around the edges - this way, I get to use it on two projects!



I initially had contemplated going monochrome with this layout, but with such fun colours in the main kit, I couldn't help but to layer it up with these gorgeous bright papers! And as I often do, I used a visual triangle and colour repetition to achieve interest and balance, using pieces from the Chic Tags Tid Bits and from the July Embellishment kit too. I clustered some appropriate Chic Tags Label Stickers behind the small frame to create a custom embellishment. I also altered my tag by bordering it with washi, which helps it tie in with the other embellishments.


I chose not to add any journaling to this layout, given that it will be amongst our other holiday layouts (both 12x12s and pocket pages), where there is already plenty of journaling. Instead I used both alphas supplied, along with the "A Bit Random" Chic Tag piece to form a custom title.



 Well that's it for now - stay tuned as I hope to get a layout done for the sketch challenge!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive