Combining a Sketch & a PL spread - with Kate

09:00

Good morning Canaries,

I hope you all had a lovely Fathers Day weekend. I was lucky enough to have a quick visit to Sydney to visit my family. I spent the whole weekend talking! Loved it!

So today I'm sharing a Project Life spread that I created with the "Gypsy" kit & the "Nomad" embellishment kit. To add another little challenge, I decided to try to incorporate the September Sketch into my Project Life kit.  Here's the sketch.


And here's the left hand side of my spread, using the sketch as inspiration.


This spread is a little different for me. Firstly, I've never done a black based spread before! When I saw the beautiful bright colours of Gypsy & the gorgeous stamp, I decided that I wanted to really highlight those. The sketch led me to continue the patterned paper & the beautiful gold washi down the LHS of the spread. I really like the way that it looks. I knew that the stamp would look lovely done with white embossing, so the idea for some black cards came into my head. Before I knew it, I had a complete black spread!  



So this spread is for a combined Week 22 & 23. To be honest, not a lot happened during these winter weeks. So a more simplistic spread suited. For all of the smaller photos in the spread, I continued the theme of patterned paper in the corners, matching the sketch. 

Here's the right hand side.


I have to admit - I really love how the black spread looks. I think I might try to get some more black cards! These are from a pack of Becky Higgins Midnight card stock cards. I love how the white text & stamping looks & the woodgrain alpha from Elle's studio looks lovely on the dark background too. I have to admit that my favourite thing in the kit (after that gorgeous stamp from Wilna!) was the gold arrows. How delicious were they! I had to hold myself back so that I wouldn't use the entire packet on one spread! 

Here's a close up of the stamp, heat embossed with white embossing powder. Love love love that stamp! Just perfect for creating journalling cards. I also paper pieced the pink paper from the Gypsy kit to have a little touch of colour (to match my hair!!). In my next Welcome to Crafting blog post, I'll be doing a simple tutorial on heat embossing of stamps - for those of you that might like to give it a try. 



And finally a close up of the other journalling cards. I had been saving (read: hoarding) that Wilna acrylic from the June kit - so I decided to continue the Wilna & black/white theme & use it up. I love how it looks.  So labels & arrows to complete the look. 


I really love working with kits, because of the mix of fun papers & embellishments they include. There is always something that surprises me (like the arrows this month) that I wouldn't have expected to love so much. I adored this kit. Once I struck on the idea of the sketch & the black background - it really came together easily.

I believe there are still some available in the store here <insert link>. So if you haven't already, please check it out! Also, don't forget there is a fantastic offer on at the moment if you choose to start a subscription. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Till next time,

Kate


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive