Stash busting your Pocket Life kits with Bernii Miller.

10:00

Hello there Canaries

Bernii Miller here today to share with you some stash busting tips when it comes to leftovers from using your Scrappy Canary Pocket Life kits. In particular for this layout I used the gorgeous July Day Trip Pocket life Kit.. full of scrumptious Terra Collins goodies. 

When ever I first get my Canary Kit and make a project life spread I always use the 6 x 6 papers to create background " cards" for the all of the pockets. That is how I end up with my really colourful spreads. But then I always end up with all the leftover bits of strips. I used to throw them out and call it all done, but then I realised that that was really silly as I could actually get more out of my kit if I just used those scraps up to create another spread. I used the basic Becky Higgins journal grid card in both the 3x4 and 6x4 format and decided to splatter ink on the all the cards also to add more of a uniform look as well..

To help stash bust the rest of the kit, I also added in left over bits from the awesome Embellishment kits that you can also get from the shop. This really makes the kits go so much more further.

Week 14 project life spread by Bernii Miller using the Scrappy Canary July Pocket life kit.

Here you can see on my right hand side of the spread in more detail that I have scattered around the leftover patterned papers around each of the cards in a little way. That way it still adds cohesiveness to the overall look.

Week 14 project life spread by Bernii Miller using the Scrappy Canary July Pocket life kit.

I also carried that over to my left hand side of the layout as you can see below. 

Week 14 project life spread by Bernii Miller using the Scrappy Canary July Pocket life kit.

I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Becky Higgins Project life party in Sydney early in the year . Originally I was going to create a mini album about the day although in the end I just decided to add in an extra insert into the week. So below shows both sides of the extra insert. I am happy I went this way instead as I actually managed to fit in all the important information that I wanted too. 

Week 14 project life spread by Bernii Miller using the Scrappy Canary July Pocket life kit.

I hope I have shown you a different way to perhaps use up all those tiny left over pieces from your Scrappy Canary Pocket Life kits. I know that my self I am extra proud of myself that I have managed to squeeze every last piece that I can out of the kit and making it stretch just that little bit further. 

Please if you have tried this or would like too , share your layout with us over in the Scrappy Canary VIP lounge on Facebook. We love to see what you are creating with our awesome kits. 

Till next time 
Bernii :) 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive