The lighter side of Bohemian with Sandra

09:00

I have been loving the inspiration from the other DT girls and you lovely canaries using the August kits - you all blow me away with all your variations on the same kit! One of my favourite things about kit clubs is that you never know what you're going to get each month. When I first saw the sneaks for the August kits I was so excited to play with some bright colours! But when I got it in my hands, I have to admit, I suddenly suffered from colour overload, and I realised those Grand Bazaar colours aren't my usual colours! So there was my challenge for the month (and I really do love a good challenge!)... You'll be happy to know I did embrace those new colours, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks for my next blog post to see how I used them ;) Because for my first piece, using Bohemian (main) and Nomad (embellishment) kits, I've decided to take an entirely different spin, and use the lighter colours in the kit!


It was very much inspired by the Chic Tags die cut circles in the Bohemian kit. and paired with Elle's Studio die cuts in the Nomad embellishment kit, I had a pretty simple page, fairly quickly. I simply mounted things onto white cardstock, then sewed my little heart out. I have been sewing for all of about 2 weeks now, but I love it! {Side note: my husband initially told me he thought it was hot that I was sewing. Now that I've been doing it so very often, he's over it and would much prefer me to spend my time scratching his back...now you all know why I don't bother trying to be a domestic goddess! And those who know me well, would know that comments like that have the reverse effect, so that poor man's back hasn't seen much nail action lately!}

My favourite part of the layout is the hand-made (by Manda) pocket with all the hearts bursting out! It's an effect I've been wanting to try for a while, so those Elle's Studio hearts were put to good use, as was a Martha Stewart punch. With the left over Chic Tag circles, I punched hearts out of their coloured edges and filled the page with them. And rather than leaving the tag string float, I turned that into a heart also!


For those interested, the mist in the background is Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primrose and Mint Green - they matched perfectly ;)

I love that Manda included both bright colours and toned down colours in the one kit... isn't she clever?! Now I've been hearing some special things about September's kit, so I'm very much looking forward to some sneaks soon - who's with me?!

Beaming loads of love and light your way,
Sandra xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive