Mmm Corn: A Penny Lane layout

12:29

Hi Canaries!

It's Linda here today with a fun layout I made using September's glorious Penny Lane Scrapbooking kit!

The colours in this kit lend themselves beautifully to a masculine OR feminine layout--which is no easy feat! Manda did an amazing job putting this one together!

Ok here's my layout, which I did, following the new October sketch.




Here is the sketch, to refresh your memory :)

As you can see, I didn't follow the sketch to the 'letter', I left out the circle at the back, and moved the title, instead putting layers of word stickers and 3x4 cards, but it still follows the spirit of the sketch! Instead of banner tails, I thought it would be fun to do a collection of cardstock embellies from Shimelle's lovely new collection--I love this combo of shapes and sizes.

This Sketch is seriously SO usable, I'll be going back to it again to make many more layouts, I can tell!  Don't forget that when using a sketch, you don't have to be literal with every element on the page. You can make banners into stripes, circles into squares or stars, change the title into strips of paper, whatever you want! The sketch isn't there to limit you, but to start you off, to spark your creativity!

I left journalling off this layout, this time, because I felt like "Mmm Corn" kinda said it all :) Sometimes theres not really a need for a lot of words.

OK Canaries, that's it for me! Don't forget to sign up to our Facebook group, which is ALL kinds of cool and wonderful, you get a lot of chatting and support from the other members, not to mention fun sneak peeks!

Hope you'll give this sketch a go, it's a great one! Can't wait to see what you make!

See you soon!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive