Lauren's take on the October sketch

09:00

Hi Canaries,

Happy Monday! I hope that you all had a great weekend - I had a ball as I was on a retreat with some of my favourite crafty ladies including some past and present Scrappy Canary creative team members and subscribers! Lots of fun, food and of course, some creating!

Now I know I say this all the time but I really really love sketches!

They give you the bones of a layout and then you can add your own inspiration. This month our sketch is just as fabulous as every other month and was designed by our new DT member, Michelle!

Now I still had some papers and embellishments left from the September Pocket Life kit plus the embellishment kit and the absolutely gorgeous Shimelle gold glitter Thickers! You can never have too much gold!

In today's post I wanted to show you the two ways that I have interpreted the sketch. I have done two 8.5x11 layouts, so I had to adapt the sketch to not only suit the paper but also the orientation. I love creating more traditional layouts to include in my project life album, so these pages will be an insert to my Week 36 which I blogged about here. I always use coordinating papers and embellishments to tie the the layout together with the insert - this also gives me a great way to use up all of my kit leftovers - all I have to add is some card stock!


Now my first layout is of possibly the cutest dog in the world (and I am not biased, at all, in the slightest). I pulled out my gelatos and coloured a circle and a square for the background in coordinating colours to the papers that I had left over. I love the look of gelatos - they look so soft on the page and had great pops of colours!


In this close up you can see how I adapted the sketch and added a cluster of embellishments - including the super cute butterfly clip! So sweet! I also turned the banner tags that were in the bottom right corner and turned them on the side and used the tops of the papers in the pad and one of the gold arrows.

For my next layout I created a landscape orientation page so I had to flip the sketch. I also realised that this is the first ever landscape layout I've made! Talk about a challenge!


As this page was about a pretty tough topic I really wanted to use hearts across the page to document how much I love and miss my dad, who passed away 18 years ago. Don't forget to scrapbook the hard things, the painful things and the tough times - these memories are just as valid.

How great are the heart embellishments that came in the September Embellishment Kit? I love them - they come from {scrAp this!} - so cute Agnus. I love the mixture of felt and card stock die cuts.


For the top right circle I used the Shimelle rub-ons, which worked out well I think - I thought the smaller circle would be a great adaptation of the sketch. Isn't it funny how scrapbooking products keep coming back in fashion! I remember when I first started scrapping they were all the rage but then disappeared - so it's awesome to see them have a comeback!

So there you have it - my two adaptations of the sketch. I had so much fun creating them and now I think I only have a couple of stickers and a few scraps of paper left from the September kit. Talk about killing a kit!

I can't wait to see all of your creations - just take the sketch and see where it takes you! Plus there's also a great a prize up for grabs so get creating! Keep smiling lovelies and have a great week! Love, Lauren xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. OOOPS! Just looking for the October link up.... Can't see it up for the challenge??? And BTW... LOOVE that circle gelato work here:):))

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive