Gangs all here for Christmas with Sandra

09:00

It's with a heavy heart that I write my last post for Scrappy Canary. It's been a fabulous past 12 months working firstly with Ruth in the Polly days, and now Manda. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the team, and I know the new team members will "bring it" in 2015. But first, let me share one last page, using December's scrap kit Sunshine and Lollipops and only a few little extras from my stash.

The Amy Tangerine Repeat paper is one I could use over, and over, and over again. I love the pop of red, and although I'm not usually a fan of too much repetition, it's been designed in a way that it doesn't come across as boring because there's not too much white space. I truly do "love" it {sorry, I couldn't help myself there!}. And paired with the Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane, it gave me a Christmas-y colour palette that is right on-trend.



My favourite part of the layout is of course the shaker pocket, especially the {rein}deer and his little red enamel dot nose (I did steal this from Scrappy Canary's November scrap kit, Memorandum).


You'll notice that the kit doesn't come with the sequins or rhinestones, but if you're looking to scraplift this page and don't have any, you could easily replace with confetti (so hot right now!), mist splatters, texture paste, paint, glitter glue, embossing powder or plain old glue and glitter... the sky is the limit really, and I know you're all creative and would come up with something perfect.
Tip: When I make shaker pockets, I do glue a couple of the sequins down so that they don't all fall immediately to the bottom when your album is upright.


There are still a couple of the December kits available in the store, and it comes complete with my favourite patterned paper of 2014 from Heidi Swapp's September Skies collection. And no, I don't say that lightly, I always fall in love with new collections, but for some reason (maybe because it is THAT awesome) I just can't crown anything else a "favourite" since having laid my eyes on it ;)

Thank you all for checking in with my layouts this year, and for all your kind words along the way. See you over the rainbow ;) ... and of course I'll still be around in the VIP Lounge. Maybe Manda will let me write a guest post here or there, hey?

Love and light,
Sandra xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive