Project Life - with Karyn!

07:00

Hello Scrappy Canary Lovelies!!

It's Karyn here with my first DT post (woohoo!) and I've been using the January pocket life kit - Candy Heart. This kit is adorable! Although the kit initially appears quite girly I think I've been able to show a more masculine side for some of the photos I've used.

These pages are of week 1 in my "Schultz Family 2015" Project Life Album. I have been slow starting this 2015 Album because I've been madly finishing my 3 albums/journals from 2014. And it is school holidays here so that seems to slow things down for me :)  

This is my first Project Life yearly album and I'm still sorting out how I want to structure it. Yes, I did a December Daily/Christmas Album but that was a but different with many more photos taken and I worked on 2 days to a page. At this stage I'm going with a week to an opening (2 pages) but I may cut it back to a week to a page - I will see how I go and I'm not bothered if it changes week to week. 

Anyways, here is a close up of the LHS:
I print all my photos on my Epson XP-600. I import them into a word document, resize to suit (leaving enough space for a white border) and print out an A4 sheet at a time. I prefer to use Kodak Ultra Premium High Gloss (or Studio Gloss if available) Photo paper. I use a SMASH* pen for journalling. 

On this page everything is from the January pocket life kit - Candy Heart except for the sequins which are from the January Scrapbook Kit - Lots Of Love, and the number wood veneer which were a Scrappy Canary Christmas exclusive (and have sold out).
I watercoloured on a piece of white cardstock and attached it behind the cutouts on this card.

The alphas, puffy stickers and other elements all add perfect touches to the cards.
For this card I've also followed the January sketch - I just flipped sides, easy!
Here is a close up of the RHS. This week was quite a serious and sombre one for our family as all the photos on this page show. The fires in the Adelaide Hills were devastating and were right on our doorstep. In the end we were lucky that the fires were contained just metres from our property boundaries.
In keeping with the nature of the photos I kept my page more on the "clean and simple" side and more masculine. The cork embellishments in the kit were perfect for this.

I must tell you a funny story about these cork embellishments. As I was sitting at my craft desk taking the packaging of all the kit elements I was sure I could smell smoke. Given the recent fires I leaped out of my seat and thoroughly checked inside and outside of the house in search of smoke/fire. I couldn't find any, so I sat back down and continued crafting. I could still smell it - then I realised it was these cork embellishments - must be something to do with the black burnishing on them lol!
Again, everything is from the Candy Heart kit except for the wood veneer arrows and roller date stamp from my stash.
Happy Crafting

Karyn xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive