hello week four...

11:43

Hi again :) I'm back with another project life layout using the gorgeous January kits


Even though I am using the same items as my last spread I chose to work with a slightly different combination of colours this time and really love that one kit can give you a few different looks depending on how you pair the elements together. 


The majority of the items I have used for this spread have come from the Candy Heart Pocket Life kit, which you can still purchase from the store. I also added items from the Be Mine Embellishment kit as well as a few pieces from the Lots of Love Scrapbook kit.


As you can see I left our tree up way past Xmas but finally started taking it down in week 4. I cut around the banner design on one of the cards then layered a strip of vellum which I printed my journaling onto over the top and finished it off with a mix of stickers from the kits.


My boys love going fishing and always have loads of photos from their trips, and to avoid my album being filled with fish I have started printing some of these pics in a smaller size. This has also made it easier to add some extra details with layers. I have even utitlised some of the packing from the kit by adding the tiny polka dot cardstock from the Elle's Studio cork accents for the background.


The second half of the layout featured a few swimming pics which were very different in colour to the first page so I tried to keep the cards more neutral, but still added some of the same colours using accents to help tie it all in.


I loved the glitter stickers form the embellishment kit and backed them with some white card stock which I then cut around before adding them to my cards.


While printing this week's photos I realised that I didn't take as many photos as I probably should have for a double spread but this was easily fixed by creating a few of my own filler cards for a few of the pockets. This is where the papers in the kits really come in handy and I balanced these out with a few wood veneer pieces. 

See you next time :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks stunning as always Agnus!!! Love seeing you pages and how you put them together with your embellishments and layering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sian :) having everything so beautifully coordinated in the kit makes putting a layout together so much easier!!

      Delete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive