Getting Courageous with Lauren - Pocket Life

09:00

Hi Canaries! Lauren here and I hope that you all had a great weekend and managed to get some crafting done!

I have absolutely loved working with the February Pocket Life Kit 'Courageous' - I have to say it is one of my favourites. It is absolutely jam packed with so many goodies and it was so easy to work with - not only was I able to create my traditional layout for my take on the sketch challenge last week, but also a Pocket Life spread and I have plenty more left!

Today I am going to show you my Week 1 for 2015! I have done this spread to tie in with my 2015 layout that I created for the sketch challenge, so you will see a lot of similarities flowing through them.

Here you can see my title card. What I did was use the My Minds Eye - On Trend Photo Overlay as the base. I then trimmed down one of the Simple Stories I Am 4x6 journalling cards and layered it with kraft card stock and white card stock, which I distressed the edges and then used white and green gelatos to create a mint tint.

I finished off the title card with a label and the alpha stickers. As always I created my title card first and then use that to set the tone for the rest of the spread!

You can see below, how I used both the My Minds Eye On Trend journalling cards and the foiled stickers throughout the layout.


The MME foiled stickers were great and you can see that I used both of the alphas throughout the layout. I used the TODAY sticker as well. The pack of embellishments were so great to use throughout the layout - I looooooooooooooved them!


I used the Simple Stories I Am Journalling Cards - not only as cards but also to create embellishments. I absolutely loved the card that had the three feathers on it - especially as they were gold foiled! I fussy cut the feathers and I then used foam dots to mount them. I also used another of the journalling cards and cut out the heart and mounted it as well.


I wanted to created a filler card for the right hand side of the spread as it focussed on our time spent in Daylesford. I also used some of the gold foiled stickers, along with the Simple Stories Life Documented photo stickers. I love these stickers - they are great for people like me aren't any good with photo shop as they mean that you can add text to photos and filler cards!


You can see the photo sticker and how well it worked on the bottom right photo. They just blend in so well to the photo.


I created a mirror affect with the spread. You can see the title/filler cards in the corners. I then used the filler and journalling cards in the 3x4 pockets.

So there you have it - my Week 1 spread! I am so happy that I have started 2015! Don't forget that when you purchase anything in the Scrappy Canary store use the code LAUREN10 for 10% off! What a great deal!

Have an amazing week and I'll see you all soon! Love and craft, Lauren xx







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive