Hello Darling - Sketch Challenge share with Michelle

09:00

Hello Everyone, 
Michelle here today to share my take on this months Sketch challenge
What an awesome sketch to interpret in any way you see fit!

I had the honour of watching Manda create the layout she shared HERE while we were at Scrap Camp recently. I loved it, wanted to scrap lift it completely, but thought I should probably design something a little different. 

Heres a reminder of the sketch



and my interpretation turned out like this :)

I loved the idea of a pieced grid of papers for the base. 
But rather than using the squares in the sketch, I changed them up for rectangles. 
I even turned the centre square into a rectangle by joining the photo and title card together

After working out the best placement of colours and patterns I sewed all the pieces down using mums trusty sewing machine. 

Ive then added minimal embellishing with stickers from the Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection and last months embellishment kit. 

I had to dip into my stash for this layout while waiting on the newest Canary kits to arrive. 
However...
If you haven't already noticed, Manda has started to stock new collections in the store. YAHOO
This means If you run out of Scrappy Canary kits to use theres plenty of other options to play with if you can't wait for the next :) Don't forget to use the code MICHELLE10 to get 10% off any purchases

Thanks for stopping by, make sure you share your layouts with us this month over on the sidebar
Happy Scrapping
Michelle xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. great take on the sketch challenge Michelle - I love how you used the stitching :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive