Step by Step with Melissa Heather

16:25

I know these gorgeous kits are almost sold out and I can see why, who doesn't love bright and fun papers and embellishments!!

My step by step layout 'You are Amazing' was so fun to create, let me share my process with you all...


First I started with the wood grain paper (my favourite!) and grabbed a mask and some texture paste. I wanted to add some dimension to the page, which is very easy to do.

Place your mask on your paper, I have used an old credit card to spread the paste over the area of the mask I wanted to use.


Once you have a decent cover carefully pull the mask back and you have a fantastic effect that gives a little dimension to your page.  Let this dry for 20 minutes or so, depending on how thick your layer of paste is.

Next I grabbed some left over white cardstock and mounted my photo and used the corner rounder to give a different look to both the photo and cardstock matt.
I then used the elephant piece from the Whatnot's pack and grabbed my Heidi Distressor and roughed up the edges and then inked with black ink.
I then cut the gorgeous yellow heart paper to around 22cm x 15cm again roughed the edges and inked.

Now I started to build my page first placing the yellow heart paper on to the right hand side of the page, followed by the elephant piece out of the Whatnot's pack and my matted photo.
I grabbed the chevron piece from the Whatnot's pack and cut in half, distressed and inked, and placed one piece on the left and one on the right under my photo, making sure to line them up so they weren't uneven.
Next I started on the embellishments and titles... I grabbed some of the organe pom pom which is so cute and using a thin tape adhered it under my photo.

For my title I sprayed some Mr Huey's Mist - Calico White which you can find in the Polly Shop where I wanted my title to be and then cut the YOU in my title out of one of the Whatnot's and used both the Thickers and Echo Park stickers to finish the title off.
I used the gorgeous glitter feather, cut out the Today from the Bits & Pieces paper added a documented sticker from the Echo Park sticker sheet and finished it off with some of the starts, vintage number and buttons.
And here's the finished layout...
I hope you enjoyed this step by step. To see more of the latest (and best) products on the market visit the Polly Store by clicking here.
Mel x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive