Main Kit Layout with Ruth

15:16

Hello, Ruth here, sharing a couple of layouts I made with the September Main kit. They are quick and photo focused, I just loved the kit and although I have been busy, I couldnt wait to sit down and create with it. Unfortunately it took me a little longer to get them onto the blog here.


The first is this one with the geometric paper as it's base and some of the gorgeous rainbow paper as a feature. I used the grey chevron paper to cut out the individual arrows and direct the eye to the photo, then cut them even smaller to make some flower embellishments.
The second one is another quick one (all of these were created together in a couple of hours when I had some babysitting, I love to mix it up, taking longer for some layouts and then making some fast and fabulous ones when I am short on time.
Starting with a busy paper gives you a headstart on your design, this one has so much going on in the bottom half that I only added a few buttons and flair to add some colour, but mostly left it alone. The gorgeous green paper set the happy calm tone of the layout and the hero of this page is the flags at the top

Here is a close up of the main embellished part of the layout, but it was really easy and quick to make, with the twine simply threaded through the MME chipboard buttons and the stitched accent added on top of that.
My third layout is actually the one I made first, the 3x5 photos and patterned block are an effective way to add several photos on a layout without looking too crowded, It is amazing how much difference an inch of trimming on each side can make to your photo, when you want to add more than one or two to a single page.


The feather is fussy cut from the paper and the heart is punched out. The title was part of the kit and I do love an easy title! The next Polly! release is not far away, the 15th of October is not far and the sneak peeks have already started. Here is a sneak for the upcoming main kit:


Do you think you recognise those gorgeous dark wood veneers? I'll give you one extra clue.. there was so much unique loveliness in that pack that I did not want to separate it so you will be getting a whole pack of that particular veneer in each main kit this month. If you guess right in the comments I promise to confirm it for you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive