A "Rainbow Paddlepop" week

13:19


Hi all - Kate here sharing a Project Life spread that I made with the recently released Rainbow Paddlepop kit. The colours in this kit are so summery & bright, and suited my photos from the first week of summer sunshine that we had in Melbourne! (as I type this post, we are back to a dreary rainy summer day that I have somehow become accustomed to here!). This week in our lives was just a normal average week - no events, nothing outstanding happened, but one of the reasons that I love doing Project Life is because these moments are captured & remembered too. I often think of the saying "the simple things in life are often the best".

So, going with that theme, and the fact that it is 23rd December & I am behind in my Project Life & frantically busy with everything Christmas, I've gone with a more "simple" spread, making the ombre washi tape the star of the show!

The LHS of the spread just shows our Monday after school - taking advantage of a sunny afternoon. We decided just to play around at school - my littlest has only just started walking, so my other 2 sons were helping him walk outside - on the grass, the path, anywhere he wanted to explore. We were all just enjoying the sunshine!

For the title card, I die cut & punched some stars from cardstock that I covered in that gorgeous blue & yellow ombre washi tape that came in the kit. I love how they turned out & I know I'll be doing that again with wide washi tape (which I often find hard to use).  The "Amy Tan" exclusive acrylic camera was so cool that I really just had to let it stand alone with the stars. Simple but effective I think. I really love that camera embellishment - it's a great size for Project Life.

One of the patterned paper sheets that I received was full of labels, and as a self confessed label lover, I was unable to resist the temptation to cut them all apart & use them throughout the spread. I really like receiving the 6x6 patterned paper - it makes creating my own cards so easy



Here's a close up of the title card to get a nice look at that Amy Tan camera!

On the RHS I used more of the Becky Higgins grid cards and photo collages. I have only just started experimenting with using collages, and I think I'm going to start to use them more.


On this page I used some more of the labels & stars, but also some of the chipboard & puffy stickers that were in the kit. I couldn't believe there was actually one in my set that said "in the backyard" when I had a photo collage of my son in the backyard. Perfect! I also love the 'day' labels & my tiny attacher! It saves me dating every photo & card, but reminds me of the days that these events occurred. The bottom photo collage is a series of photos that my eldest son took, when I asked him if he wanted to photograph his favourite things. I just love that the first photo he took was of the family, closely followed by this very very loved teddy bear. Such an easy way to sum up his life right at this moment in time.

And finally, As I was cleaning up after completing this spread, I was just unable to throw out the die cut card of washi tape because it was just too nice! My middle, yellow loving, son's birthday is next week, so I decided to make him a birthday card with the leftovers. And here it is.


I love how it turned out - just added some stamps & silver stars from my stash - I know he'll love it!

Don't forget to check out the December kit here! It's gorgeous - perfect for our summer here in Australia. Merry Christmas & a peaceful New Year to all. Enjoy your holidays!

Kate












You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this is such a clever way to use the washi Kate.. the layout looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive