Polly! Guest Designer - Lauren

11:00


Project Life Fun with Lauren Matthews



Happy Monday Polly! Lovelies! Lauren here and I am up with a Project Life spread using the January Pocket Scrapbooking Kit Raspberry Shortcake. I love love loved working with this kit especially the Basic Grey Fresh Cut and Studio Calico Printshop lines, plus all of the cute embellishments.

I decided to tackle my 2014 Week One (let’s not even discuss if my 2013 album is finished yet) using this kit, as I used the Almond Biscotti Scrapbooking Kit to document our New Years Eve celebration and wanted this page to be an insert in my weekly PL spread.

Ruth does an amazing job at coordinating the Scrapbooking and Pocket Scrapbooking kits – so I knew that they would work perfectly together.


I decided to use the Fresh Cut paper and cards as the base for the weekly spread – I absolutely loved the Summer card and knew it was perfect for a January spread!

This was such an easy kit to work with it. Lately I have been using banner flags and layering on my layouts to add texture and also bring a sense of continuity to my pages. It also means that I can use pieces from a single collection to link the layout. For this layout I also used a piece of the paper from the Almond Biscotti kit – which I also used on my 12x12 layout – bringing all the pages together.

One thing I love about Polly! kits are the diversity of the embellishments – many of them probably wouldn’t have caught my eye if they weren’t in the Polly! Kit. Those wine glass clips, the labels, the bigger sequins, the EXCLUSIVE Amy Tan tag (total crush on Amy so to include one of her EXCLUSIVE creations was so rad!) and the enamel dots are all absolutely drool-worthy and really mean that you can make your layout pop. But before I go any further lets talk about those alphas for a minute! Swoon! Ruth, I seriously need more!



I didn’t have to add anything to the kit, other than the piece of paper from the Almond Biscotti kit and my old school dymo labeller. I also tried stamping on photos with white Staz-On ink for the first time and I am reasonably happy with how it turned out.

You can see that I used a variety of page protectors. I am really loving including the new square protectors – I am addicted to Instagram (I Instagram everything - particularly every meal I eat) so they work perfectly with the square format and they print out easily on my Canon Selphy photo printer. If you’re interested visit my instagram @theotherbacall, I’d love to see you!



It was so fun having printables this month to accompany the kits. Now when you look at the January card I used you may notice the colours are different – that is because my printer lost the plot and isn’t printing blue. I think that the pinks and yellows worked, and I outlined the month in black to give the month more definition. These monthly cards are a great way for Polly! subscribers to tie their year together.

As I was on holidays for the first week of 2014 lots of things were going on – we love having adventures and getting out amongst it with our friends and family – so I needed an insert to document everything we did. I also wanted to document my One Little Word for 2014. You can read more about my One Little Word and how it chose me over at my blog - https://lovelifelauren.squarespace.com/journal/2014/1/5/gratitude-my-one-little-word-for-2014.

It has been so much fun playing with the January Polly! Kits – I will be back next week with some more creations!

Have a wonderful week and keep smiling! Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive