Polly! Guest - Gypsy

11:00

Cards with Gypsy

Hi everyone!  I hope that you're all having a fantastic week, filled with all of the things you love with a little craft tucked away somewhere in there for good measure!!  I am excited to introduce you to another one of our Guest Designers for January, Gypsy.  Gypsy is here to share her super cute Valentine's Day cards with us using the Raspberry Shortcake Kit!



Hi I'm Gypsy. Originally from NZ, my husband and 4 children moved to Perth in 2011. We've settled in and are enjoying as much of it all as we can. Over the new year we moved house and I'm am still getting to grips with having a new scrap space as part of the main living area.
I think I've always been a scrapbooker, but started creating actual scrapbooks back in 1997 when our first son was born. Back then there was no scrapbooking 'industry' in NZ. So I was using wrapping paper and stationery supplies for my pages. My scrapbooks were the same ones I just got my 6 year old for grade 1.  Over the years my scrapbooking has changed in a lot of ways but I'm still very much a simple (and frugal) scrapper.

I do a digital 365 project for each of our younger boys and for our family, as well as a few photobooks most years. The rest of my scrapbooking is a combination of paper LO's from 12x12 down to 6x6 and most things in between, and all sorts of pocket pages. 

I scrap pretty much everything and anything. From the baby cups and cutlery that we are saying goodbye to forever as our youngest son (2.5yrs) grows up, to my 13 year old daughter's Primary School Graduation last year. I classify my photos in four ways- 1. delete, 2. ok (stays on the computer). No. 3 'too cute not to print' -far too many they all go into pocket pages. And finally 4. "Oh my goodness" these ones that would normally get enlarged and go onto LO's!

You can find me on the net at: http://www.seeshareremember.blogspot.com.au/ 

Scrapbooking is huge part of who I am and I've been known to go through scrapbook-withdrawal (not pretty) when life has been too busy for playing with pretty pictures and paper!

I'm quite excited to be guesting on the Polly Blog this month I received the Raspberry Shortcake Pocket pages kit. So far I've made 2 pocket pages and 5 LO's with the kit and a tiny bit of my stash. Today though I'm sharing some super simple cards.
  


I'm not much into the commercial side of Valentine's day, I actually banned my husband from buying me flowers, because of the crazy prices. But I do like to take any excuse to have a little celebration with my family. So these cards will be on the breakfast table when they wake up on the 14th along with a little crafted sweet treat. When I saw the mushroom paper in the Raspberry Shortcake kit I knew it'd go perfectly with a deer from Sassafras that I thought had been in my stash for too long! As you'll see in the cards- no deer. He was in fact long gone but I did find a number of critters from the same collection. So with a little assistance from google I came up with a collection of totally corny catch phrases to suit. 


As you'll see I've stretched that one 6x6 piece of mushroom paper to do five cards! I've just cut the paper into a variety different size blocks so they each have some individual differences. In most cases I've inked the edges with chalk ink (chestnut) and rounded the corners on a few. The letter stickers are a combination of Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type and October Afternoon Mini Market Alphas both of which you can find some of in the Polly store.

 
These cards were super fast and easy to whip up and will be a silly but fun way to let my family know they're loved on Valentine's day. If you don't have any critters in your stash, perhaps you have some stamps that would do the job. Come to think of it I just remembered I had a deer in there all along! 

Gypsy

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive