A "Salted Icecream" 12x12 layout - with Kate

11:00

Good morning fellow Polly! fans,

Kate here to share with you a 12x12 layout that I made with the Pocket Scrapbooking kit from February, "Salted Caramel", which you can find in the store here. Yes, it was previously sold out, but a little birdie told me that there a couple more have found their way back into the store. So, go get it!! It's gorgeous.


Everything on this layout is from the Salted Caramel kit & the printables, except for the white card stock (from American Crafts) and the grey chevron wash tape (which is from Becky Higgins I believe).   The aqua thickets are from the Peppermint Tea add-on. After I completed the four pages for my One Little Word album, which you can read about in my post here, I found  that I didn't actually have a lot of my kit left. I had cut up so many of the cards & papers! So, I immediately turned to the 6x6 paper that I had left, and decided that I would try my hand at a layout. Now, I'm only new at this whole 12x12 thing - so, really, it was just me having a bit of a play!

Because I had basically used up all my embellishments, I knew I would need to utilise the printables for my layout, to add a little bit more fun. When I pulled out the alpha sheet that included some gorgeous quotes, I knew I had to use a photo of my littlest one, and really, the rest just fell into place. 

I started by cutting the large circle from the 6x6 paper. I don't have a fancy large circle cutter, so I improvised, with a soup bowl, a pen & some scissors. I must remember that bowl, because the circle came out exactly the size I envisioned! Next I grabbed my leftover PL cards, scraps & pulled out all the teal & yellow because I wanted to use the transparent card that is featured at the bottom of the layout. With *quite* a bit of playing and fluffing around, I was happy with the layers! Here's a closer look.


I then worked on the top cluster, but decided it needed a little bit more, so I grabbed the January tag from the packaging of the January kit (love these!) and used it up too. I also knew that I wanted to use the stamp set on this layout, and the "this makes me happy" stamp was perfect. I only had 2 wooden dots left (my favourite thing in the kit this month!) so of course, they needed to be used (I'm trying to get out of the hoarding habit!).


The yellow washi tape was a surprising love from this months kit. I'll admit, I'm not a huge washi user, but I just LOVE this skinny washi. And I've become a little addicted to teaming it with grey. I think they look so good layered together. I thought the layout was done but when I looked a couple of hours later, I thought it needed something more. So I added the two strips of washi at the top & bottom to give it a little border and now I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'd like to say it was an easy addition, but really, I'd be lying! Wish I'd thought of it before attaching everything else!



So, that's it from me. Don't forget to have a look in the shop.  The gorgeous March kits have been released & some are still available for purchase. (I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of mine!). If there is a type of project that you'd like to see any of the design team tackle, please be sure to let us know in the comments.

Have a lovely weekend!

Cheers
Kate

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am really delighted to glance at this webpage posts which
    consists of lots of valuable facts, thanks for providing these information.

    Feel free to visit my web page: hd mobile games, ,

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive