Christmas in July scrapping with Sandra

10:39

Hi everyone!
Well I missed posting this in July by just a few days, BUT... scrapbooking Christmas is becoming a favourite theme for me to do in July. Partly because I'm that far behind, and partly because despite the rush and mayhem, Christmas is one of my favourite times of year, so come this time of year I'm starting to dream of it again :)
So I was so happy to see some red papers in Scrappy Canary's July Road Trip scrapbooking kit, and of course the gold highlights in the embellishments. I knew exactly what I wanted to work on first. We took some photos at our extended family Christmas gathering in early December. It was hilarious trying to get everyone looking at the camera (especially the 12 month old) with our less-than-professional camera man (my dad). In the end this was the photo we chose to put on the Christmas cards. It's far from perfect, but for the most part, it shows our personalities, and the people on the receiving end loved them. But of course, I haven't scrapped it until now.
You can see that bordering the page with the red & white chevron gives it a Christmas-y feel without screaming ho-ho-ho. Then when I saw the cute little gold bespoke triangles from {scrAp this} in the July Scenic Route embellishment kit, the page came started coming together quickly. Although I have to say, using up that Teresa Collins paper was very tough - I could do with 5 more of those and still not be sick of looking at it! I'll also let you in on a little secret... I love that red chevron paper too, and given that most of it was covered up, I did cut out the middle of it before sticking down the heart paper, so I can use it on other pages ;)
IMG_6466-2
For a Christmas theme, what better embellishment to use than stars, so I was spoiled for choice with this scrap kit. Plus the fact that we were in front of a beautiful old tree meant the woodgrain star sequins tied in all the better! Now anyone who knows my scrapbooking, knows that I love to include symbolism. There are 5 of us in my family, so I used 5 wood veneer stars around the page, and then 5 woodgrain sequins next to each other on a label sticker. I contemplated leaving the 5 stars as my title. In the end though, I decided to add #JOY with those gorgeous AC Printshop Thickers, to tie in the wood veneer stars a little better.
IMG_6464-1
There has been some discussion on the Scrappy Canary VIP Lounge Facebook group about adhering tricky thin embellishments like sequins, wood veneers and (non-sticky backed) enamel stars. I thought I would mention that for this page I used Glossy Accents. It leaves a small amount of clear residue if you use a bit too much, but as you can see it doesn't show on the page, and anyone flipping through your album wouldn't notice it either.
So there you have my Christmas in July themed page. Simple enough, but it follows my ongoing mission of being able to use any kit for any themed page you need.
IMG_6462-1

Much love and light, wherever you may be on this gorgeous planet...
Sandra

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive