Day Trip Pocket Life with Lauren

12:58

Hi Canaries! I hope that you are all well and have a great start to the week, here in Melbourne I have been freezing (which is a great excuse to stay inside, rugged up and crafting)! I've said it before and I'll say it again - we have the best kits here at Scrappy Canary and the July Pocket Life Kit - Day Trip - is incredible (plus you can still buy it, so get shopping)!
Manda did a wonderful job in curating her first Scrappy Canary - the colours work perfectly together and the embellishments were so fun! When I first start working on my weekly spread I always start with making my title card. This kit had some great papers and the matching stickers to it was very easy to create the base of the card. I then added some embellishments to card - especially the veneer sequins - I need a million of these! I then use the style I use in the title card across the layout.
Don't you hate it when some weeks you just have a couple of extra photos and you are not sure where to put them? Well that I why I am so in love with flip pockets, they allow you to add extra images, journaling and embellishments. They also had some extra space for private journaling if you need it. You can see here that I added some journalling about a family day and then included a funny photo of our everyday family life. Remember, include the photos that you want to in your layouts, it's about the memory, so it doesn't matter if the photo is a bit blurry or strange (that's what memories are!).
This layout was great fun to create. As you can see I used the embellishments across the page - with gold accents, the sequins and the tags as constant features. This spread was made using only the Day Trip, with no added extras.
Next post I will be using this layout as the base and showing you how you can use the embellishment kit to add extra dimension and interest to your pages. Later in the month I will also be taking you through my Project Life process - from planning to completion. Have a great week and I'll see you all soon! Love, Lauren xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive