Happy Adventuring- with Kate & July kits

10:00

Good morning everyone!

Hope you are all having a lovely week. Today I'm here showing a layout that I made with a combination of the July kits - Day Trip, Road Trip & Scenic Route. After making a 4 page spread for my Week 26 Project Life with the PL kit, which you can see here, I didn't have too much left over - so I mixed all the kits in. I have LOVED working with these kits - the themes, the colours, everything suited my life surrounded by boys!

So onto the layout.


It all started with that lovely piece of vellum from SC. I think I need more! Then I just built it all up around that. I liked the grey paper - i thought it matched well with the trees in the photo - and the adventure theme of the kits was perfect for our day of exploring the mountains.

I decided to challenge myself a little - instead of doing journalling, I wanted to tell the story using words only - stamps, die cuts, stickers, thickers. I thought by capturing the simple details, I could still tell the story. Here's a close up of the cluster on the top right.


The stamps I used are from Kellie stamps & Papertrey Ink. I just added further to the already printed strips on the paper. It was a cold wintery day in the mountains, but we decided to go anyway. That's the message I wanted to capture in a simple form. The alpha set was contained in the Road Trip scrap kit - the embellishments came from the other two July kits.


For the title, I die cut the word "Happy" from one of the PL kit papers, and added some letters from the scrap kit. Then to add a bit more "journalling" - I added a Heidi Swapp word (not in the kit), with another die cut word. 

I loved that coloured triangle paper on the bottom of the layout. I did intend to save it all for a layout of it's own. But then disaster stamping happened - and well, I had to cover it. Had to. No question about it!! But I'm happy with the pop of colour - and as a last minute thing I added the place name in Thickers from the scrap kit - because it just needed a little more something. A few sprinklings of enamel dots ( I think I use them on everything!) and those divine wooden sequins and I was done. After a mid layout disaster, I'm happy with how it turned out.

What do you do if you have a disaster? Any ways to save or do you start again? I didn't have enough supplies left to start again - so I had to find a solution somehow! 

There are a few kits left in the shop, as well as the gorgeous August kits that have just been released. So be sure to go have a look. Can't wait for that one to arrive here!!

Take care. Till next time.

Kate

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive