Working with unusual-for-you colours

08:00

Hi there!

I'm here with a fun layout I made using the July kits! They're so fun and bright, such a joy to work with!

I've had this photo of my eldest daughter for quite some time but because of her super bright school shirt, I was never sure how to scrap it. Bright green isn't a colour I work with much (or at all really). But this months' kits are the PERFECT solution!

They aren't the colours I'd normally use, but they went all together SO easily it was almost a joke!



I started with the photo of my eldest daughter in her school uniform, which is THE brightest green you've ever seen (hard-to-match-anyone?!). I then chose the background paper from the kit, and went about layering.



These little white stars are SO fun and the perfect simple embellishment for this bright, almost fussy background paper.


The title comes from something I said to her just before I took this photo. She is the best reader in her class, so much so, that she has her own books to choose from for her daily reading homework. I was so proud of her when she told me, that I knew it was a moment that had to be scrapbooked.


The elements in this kit all work so well together, it really took the guess (or should I say second-guess) work out of it!

I hope this has inspired you to create a layout using some colours that you mightn't usually work with! This bright green and orange are definitely in that category for me!

See you again soon!

Linda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive