Stash Busting your 6x6 Papers with Ruth

09:18

Hi, it's Ruth here with a Stash Busting post for you all about ideas for using your 6x6 papers. I love to use the 6x6 papers in the 1/2 pad we get in most of the September Strawberry Fields Pocket Life kit to create my project life layouts, they are the best both for getting a wide range of colours and designs that all coordinate and because i feel quite free to layer and cut them to my hearts content as there are lots of pages and they are not as thick as cards, so they dont get too bulky.
The only problem with 6x6 pads is that they are so many sheets that it seems like they build up in my stash really really fast before i know it and I want to get those beautiful papers in my scrapbooks and off the shelf, so here are 3 big tips to help you do the same.
Tip 1: Mix them with the coordinating 3x4 cutaparts
In the September Penny Lane Scrapbook kit you get the lovely Shimelle cutapart sheet that matches the PL kit 6x6 papers, it is a breeze to create my PL layout with this little extra, and it doesnt stop there, all the cut aparts work well for layouts, cards and mini albums when mixed with the patterns and backgrounds of the 6x6 pad. It really increases it's usability.
Tip 2: Don't be afraid to use lots at once
The thing about having lots to work with is that you can use lots and not worry about running out, imagine this is the only layout you will create with the 6x6 pad and dont save any for another project, just use it with total abandon, there are lots of sketches online good for using 6x6 too, every Scrappy Canary sketch has been full of smaller peices that are great from the smaller prints in 6x6 papers.
Tip 3: Before you pack away, make another small project
Not every project needs to be a creative masterpiece, sometimes you can whip up a quick and simple project from the leftovers before you put them away in your stash. Here I mixed tip 1 (use a 3x4 cutapart with the papers) and tip 2 (use the paper with abandon) and I stuck 2 6x6 papers together to make an 8x6 canvas, folded in half to be a 4x6 card, no card base, just the 6x6 papers, and then added some embellishments from the September Penny Lane Scrapbook kit and Abbey Road Embellishment kit to make this quick, cute and versatile card for a birthday or any occasion.
I have used all by 4 sheets of my 6x6 papers now, so with 2 more cards I will busted that 6x6 stash, I just ran out of time to create those, but rest assured by the time you read this they have been created and I will have zero 6x6 papers left from my September PL kit. It was a beautiful paper pad and I really love every creation I made from it, including the cute boyish layout, fun girlish card and happy PL weekly spread!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive