Bohemian 4 Ways with Sandra Bunch

09:00

Hello everyone!
Well my August kit box is looking quite depleted now. I still have plenty of embellishments left (which I will definitely use on other layouts), but only half a piece of paper!

I've already posted a couple of my layouts - a nice bright layout, and a more subdued one. And here's how I used up the rest of the kit...



This was actually the first layout I created with the August kits - the Bohemian Main and
the Embellishment kit. I adored all the bright ephemera pieces, but I am very fussy when it comes to which ones I use on my layouts. Luckily Manda had me covered by including the Grand Bazaar Constantinople paper, so this fussy gal got to fussy cutting! I must admit, it's not something I have the patience to do all too often, but I always enjoy the outcome!

I could have used the Persia (orange) paper on this layout, but as it's so busy, I decided to substitute using papers with some watercolour to soften it, and strips of the gold washi and the ribbon to add interest and texture.


~~~

For the next layout, I used the softer (although still bright) colours in the Chic Tags range. I had a small problem in that I loved both sides of the Celebrate paper (the one with confetti sequins), so I had to be careful how I cut the paper up. Again, I did some fussy cutting to get a unique edge. I love how the sequins give a colourful, playful feel, and they're a little representative of the bath bubbles too.


Chic Tags were so clever in designing this paper to use the reverse of the manufacturer's barcode strip to add little tags. I've noticed a lot of other people using those tags as well, either all in a line, or as flags... seriously cool, Chic Tags! Now that you know how fussy I can be, you won't be surprised to hear that I cut up all of those tags, just to find exactly the right ones I wanted to use. Thankfully, all the pieces I wanted fit back together nicely to stretch the full 12". Before gluing them down, I ink distressed around the edge of each of them, along with all the other papers. I used a cement grey that I like to use on lighter coloured layouts - it just gives a softer touch than a black, which suits this layout better.


Here's a recap of my 4 layouts using the August kits. They're all so different, which just goes to show the versatility of the kits Manda puts together. If I'm not mistaken, there may still be a couple left in the store.
Thanks for looking. I am already having lots of fun with September's kits, so I'll be posting those soon.

Love and light,
Sandra xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive