The happiest place on earth – using the Strawberry Fields Pocket Life Kit

13:38

Hi canaries!  Thanks for checking in!  My term with the design team is up and I’m here with my last blog post for Scrappy Canary.  I’m using the September Strawberry Fields Pocket Life Kit – not for project life, but for a 12x12 layout!!  I used a bit of everything in the kit for this layout and I have loads left, enough to create a Project Life spread and quite a few more 12x12 layouts.
My layout is predominantly pink with a dash of kraft, blue, beige and white thrown in.  I love layering my photo on a couple of pieces of cardstock – I used a piece of 6x6 patterned paper and a piece of kraft from my stash for this photo, I didn’t want to take too much attention away from the photo.  It was the first photo we took after we walked in the gates of Disneyland and I must admit, one of my favourites!  I had a couple of 6x6 patterned paper sheets that could be cut apart and I used these (the oh so lovely darling and I think I’ll stop here sentiments) to add a little more dimension above and under my photo.  Finally, a tab tucked under the top left with the month and year the photo was taken and my photo/card stock stack is complete!


Another thing that I love to do is have a mixed title on my layouts.  Here I’ve used the My Minds Eye - Just Sayin' - Alpha/Word Stickers in pink in combination with stitching – this is what I love about the Scrappy Canary kits, the kit is coordinated but it’s always super easy to find something in my stash that I can add that also coordinates.  I love stretching my kit and it being so versatile means that it is really easy to do!
I did some more layering with the scrumptious Shimelle cork stickers and a piece of patterned paper and kraft cardstock – I think it looks fab (even with the free hand cut paper circles!!)

Next up I adhered a couple of the flowers to the kraft cardstock just under the photo and found a sentiment on the Studio Calico - Brighton Pier - Tiny Type Stickers. I aligned it to the bottom right of the photo/card stock stack and stuck it down.

A couple of finishing touches to round off my page – I used the little strip I tore off the top of my 6x6 patterned paper to use on the top left and bottom right of my page (I did tell you I liked to stretch my kit!!  Nothing is safe!!)  A couple of hand drawn lines for journaling – every photo needs a story right?!?!? And then a few splatters of Heidi Swapp Colorshine (also from my stash but coordinate perfectly!!)  And voila, I’m done!!

Here is my full layout using the September Strawberry Fields Pocket Life Kit.

If you don't already have your kit, there are some left in the shop!
I’ve had a blast on the Polly/Scrappy Canary Team – thanks for having me!  I’ll see you in the VIP lounge and can’t wait for the next cyber crop!!!

Carol xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive