Lauren's take on the October Pocket Life Kit

09:00

Hi Canaries,

Happy Monday! Lauren here and I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! I have had a great time this weekend getting creative, participating in the Scrappy Canary Cyber Crop over in the Scrappy Canary VIP Lounge on Facebook. The challenges for the Cyber Crop close on the 9th of November - you can find out more information here.

Today I am showing you my take on Week 42 using the October Kits - the Pocket Life Kit - Hollyhocks and the Embellishment Kit - Clover. There are still some of the Pocket Life & Scrapbooking kits left in the store so make sure that you head over there now and snap them up ASAP! Don't the names make you want to run through the Spring fields? Although, knowing my luck, I'd get hay fever!

I used the Teresa Collins paper as a base throughout my layout - using the whole sheets to make journalling cards and also banners and journalling spots.

I loved the cork file tabs and the journal snippets stickers. I used the stickers across the layout - along with enamel dots and banners using patterned paper.

The one thing I really love about the stickers is that the sentiments are so versatile and fun! They're not all lovey dovey - they reflect real life moments!

The My Minds Eye Market Street journalling cards are awesome. I used them in the 3x4 slots across the layout. The bonus is I still have plenty left to use in other layouts!

For this layout with the heart I did some doodling around the heart to make it stand out and then used it as a journalling spot - I am really happy with how this card turned out, it looks really cute and the heart reflects the special day that I spent out with friends that was full of love and laughter!

I think Freckled Fawn embellishments would have to be one of my favourite things - any time I get them I tend to hoard them and not use them! They are just too awesome to use!

This month in the Pocket Life and Embellishment Kits we got full packets! While I may have hoarded the paper clips (I'm sure you will see them in my next post) - I adored using the wood veneer!

If you don't already, I'd encourage you to subscribe to the Embellishment. Every month it sells out and I know why! It is absolutely jam packed with awesome products and is great value!


This month's Embellishment Kit had great products - including a whole packet of enamel dots, which I used across the layout. The die cut transparent arrows were great! My favourite though was the Pinkfresh Wood Drop Chevron stickers - aren't they the cutest? They also went perfectly with the Pocket Life Kit and the bits and pieces in it.

Here you have it, my completed Week 42:


I loved using these kits, they were so easy to work with! I hope that you enjoyed taking a walk through my spread!

I'll be back in a couple of weeks with my next post so I will see you all then! Have a great week! Love love love, L xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive