Some Oxford Pocket Life with Lauren

09:00

Happy Monday lovelies - Lauren here! I hope that you all had a great weekend and that all of our Mumma Canaries had an awesome day yesterday. Now that we have embraced the country life, hubby and I took my Mum to the local Bowling Club for a carvery - talk about country bumpkins!

Speaking of our move to the country life, today I am taking you through my Week 7 spread using the April Pocket Life Kit: Oxford, which documents the first stage of our move to Daylesford, in Central Victoria.

I always love creating different title cards for my spread and the bold colours in this month's kit were awesome to work with, and also really matched my photos.


You can see that I used one of the 4x6 Simple Stories cards as my base and I then cut out the speech bubble from one of the 3x4 cards. I thought the fun flair was perfect for the title card. I added one of the  Shimelle True Stories phrase stickers, one of the cork arrows, along with some enamel dots from my stash. I also used the Chickaniddy Crafts alphas.

I decided to trace around the alphas in black so that they would stand out across the spread. You can see it on both the title card and the Spence below.


The phrase stickers were great and I incorporated them across the spread. On the above Epic journalling card I made them a feature of the card. The Simple Stories journalling cards were great as you could use them as fillers on their own, as you can see on the below card with the flair embellishment - or for journalling.


I even cut the tops of two of the journalling cards to create the 'so happy' yellow strip on the top of our new lounge room photo. It was also great to get some die cuts from the collection and the red heart die cut you can see above was perfect as this week was Valentine's Day. I added some embellishments and I love how the red of the card tied in with the burger photo from our dinner that night (we are so romantic). I then used the red bordered journalling card to tie that section of the spread together.


The 6x6 Shimelle paper selection was great and one of the pages was one of the cut apart pages (when they are 12x12 size they are perfect for project life) - these pages are great to create smaller embellishment. You can see this above in the 'if in doubt … craft' sentiment. This photo is of my craft room in the new house (which was the first room to be unpacked and set up)! I topped the photo off with another Shimelle phrase sticker, enamel dots and one of the Freckled Fawn paper clips.

So there you have it - Week 7 (maybe one day I will catch up - but we are moving again in two weeks and then again in another month or so - so maybe once we are finally settled in our permanent house I might be able to get caught up). I love this spread! Especially all of the great colours!


I absolutely loved working with this kit - it is absolutely jam packed with goodies - I think you could easily get a month of pages out of this kit. I have only done a week and I have so much left over. There are still Oxford kits available in the store - so head over there ASAP - you won't want to miss out. Don't forget that if you use the code LAUREN10 you get 10% off - how awesome is that!

Have a great week! Lauren xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive