A Yum Pocket Life Spread with Lauren

09:00

Happy Monday Canaries! I hope that you all had a great weekend! I have finally finished moving - HOORAY! I am sure you are all thoroughly sick and tired of hearing about my moving! LOL!

In this post I am working with the May Pocket Life Kit: Yum! This spread is the perfect example of what you can do when you only have the kit, an ink pad, a stamp, a couple of enamel dots, a paper trimmer and some double sided tape. That is the beauty of working with kits - you don't need to have every conceivable product or latest gadget - you can work with the kit, some basic supplies and still create some great layouts.

Here is my Week 9 spread (I am soooooooooo far behind) - I love the simplicity and the colours - they match my photos colours perfectly.


The May Kit was great fun to work with and it documented a really fun week in our household. The Oscars for one! Journalling Cards, such as the 'Favorites' card from the Elle's Studio Let's Eat journalling cards are great, as they allow you to capture a lot of information in a small space.


I was able to write about everything that happened concerning the photos on the left hand side of the spread, meaning that I didn't have to journal on every photo - giving the layout a cleaner look. 

Sometimes it is great to add a filler card to your spread - often I like to include in the diagonally opposite position to the title card as I feel it balances out the layout. 


For this card I used the two cards that I cut out from the Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy Pretty Packages Patterned Paper, I then added a heart from the Elle's Studio Let's Eat Bits & Pieces Die Cuts and an enamel dot. It is simple but I really love it - the gold adds a certain pizzaz! 


 In terms of embellishments for the spread I kept them to a minimum. I used the mint Simple Stories Sn@p alphabet to capture a fun saying to celebrate the final episode of Parks & Recreation (where the quote Treat Yo'Self come from). I also used the Crate Paper fun clip and by overlapping it on the Happy Day card, you can read the word 'fun' clearly. 


I terms of other embellishments I also used more of the Let's Eat die cuts, the Studio Calico Amelia Tiny Word Stickers and I fussy cut some of the Fine & Dandy paper to create a journalling spot. 

So there you have my Week 9. Now, don't forget, here at Scrappy Canary we are celebrating our FIRST BIRTHDAY with a SALE across the store. Head over there now and snap up a bargain. Also, don't forget to use the code LAUREN10 to get 10% off! Awesome! Have a great week, Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive