Bon Voyage - Using travel ephemera in Pocket Life spreads with Lauren

09:00

Hi everybody! Happy Monday - Lauren here with a Pocket Life Spread to show you all!

I was so excited to open my mail box this week and get my hot little hands on the June Pocket Life Kit: Bon Voyage. I know that many of you would have squealed like I did at how awesome this kit is - so awesome in fact that it is now sold out!

Now, normally I share spreads with you from my regular weekly album but as soon as I saw this kit and it's travel theme I knew it would be perfect for a spread in my travel album of our 2014 trip to the USA. In terms of this trip I printed all of the photos as soon as we got back, used only Design A page protectors, placed the photos and the ephemera in the pockets and now when I have time, I come back and work on the album. It's great to dip in and out of. Today I am going to show you how I have used ephemera (you know the bits and pieces all scrappers pick up on the way - brochures, tickets, etc) in my spread.

This layout documents our Medieval Times date 'knight' (get it?) on the last night of our trip. For those of you who don't know Medieval Times is a strange, tacky and amazing dining experience where you eat food with your hands, drink enormous drinks, wave flags and wear a colourful crown that corresponds with the knight that you cheer for! The Knights then compete for the love of the Princess. It of course is very realistic and hilarious!


As you can see the main piece of ephemera that I used was the red paper crowns that we wore with dinner. I trimmed one down to make the Medieval Times title card and simply mounted on a piece of the Atlas 6x6 paper. I then cut the tops of the crown (the classy golden jewels) and used them as an embellishment on some of the 4x6 cards and photos. You can see how I used part of the crown above on the top of our ticket - I then used one of the Jillibean labels to fill in some of the white space on the ticket.


The Atlas tags were great for creating embellishments, such as this 'right now' tag. I also used the explore tag on one of the photos of Ash looking classy with his crown and drink in hand. On the above card I also accented it with some of the enamel shapes and one of the Evalicious 'this way' wood veneers. I also used another one of the veneers on the photo of me eating beef ribs medieval style! They were in fact pretty 'good eats'!

I don't know about you all, but I tend to hoard brochures from all of the places that we visit - always thinking, I'll scrap that! Well for this layout I cut down one of the brochures to use on the photo of our victorious knight!


The 'charge into action' was perfect for this photo and underneath it I clustered a number of the Jillibean  labels (with the arrows taking the focus to the knight) and added one of the enamel shapes to top it off.

So there you have it Canaries - my Medieval Times spread and some tips and tricks on how to incorporate ephemera into your spreads.

Now, don't forget there are lots of sale items and new stock available in the Scrappy Canary store - so head on over and grab yourself some gorgeous goodies. Make sure you use the code LAUREN10 and save 10% off your order!

Have an amazing week! Lauren xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive