Thankful - Step by Step Tutorial

22:14

Hi there!

Amanda with you today, showing you how I created my layout 'Thankful' that I created using last months Polly! Kit.  We're just about ready to reveal the kit for January so stay tuned ... we have lots of sweet papers, embellishments and doo-dots coming your way if you're a subscriber to the kit club.

Here's the layout...
Photobucket

When I first sat down to scrap all I had was this gorgeous title (designed by Wilna and available for free here) that I cut with my Silhouette in two colours - a grey and yellow cardstock from scraps I had in my stash... then I needed the perfect photo. I have a stash of those too! I picked this photo of my oldest son playing in the park, lost in his own world. I thought it was perfect for the title.
Photobucket

Next I needed to pick my paper. The red or the green? Again, using scraps from my kit ... I went with the green.
Photobucket

Now for some embellishments... so hard to decide... ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next I created a mini-brag book that had other photo's from the day that I wanted tucked away ... Punch 2 cards together (or cardstock) with a crop-o-dile...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Print photo's to 'wallet size' ...
Photobucket

Stick into place, tie together with some matching string ...
Photobucket

And pop into a little pocket.  I will adhere the pocket to the back on the original (main) photo...
Photobucket

Photobucket

ACT 2 :)
More embellishments. A button was needed. Photobucket

Now for my title. I laid it out on the page before adhering into place so I knew it was going to look 'right' on my layout...
Photobucket

Grey layer first, then the yellow. I used Tombow adhesive to glue into place. Photobucket

The title was too bright, so I toned it down with some Mr Huey's in white.
Photobucket
To protect my photo I laid a piece of scrap paper over it - it looks like it has a misted frame (oh, yes - completely intentional!) which I thought was cool.
Photobucket
More embellishments... lots of arrows ...
Photobucket

And that's about it!
Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed my step by step! 
xx Amanda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive