December Daily with Aimee

17:19

Good afternoon lovely Polly scrappers! Can you believe we are already a third of the way through December? Crazy, right? I have to admit I'm not quite up to date with my album, but I am totally okay with that. December to me is all about making the memories, not so much about the documenting. It's for this reason that I've decided to take a simple approach with my album. Simple is best:


Not bad for a girl who out-and-out hates red. I had planned for a navy, white and woodgrain album, but somehow that just went right out the window. It all started with the big photo. Oh how I love this photo.

I added the number directly to the photo before printing because I have a huge fear of entering next year with a thousand packs of thicker, with no numbers. I added the Elle's Studio piece later because the sentiment was just perfect and it brought a little red to the left side. 


I did manage to work in a woodgrain element by staining this freckled fawn veneer. I really like the effect of the dark veneer and I have stained a few more to go into the album in future, but I did also learn a valuable lesson: for the love of all that is holy - screw the lid on the stain as soon as you finish with it, BEFORE you stain the veneer. Take it from a woman who had to reprint her photos.

When I designed this card, I didn't really think about where I would include it in the album. It ended up here on the first page because the kraft and the red colours tied in really nicely with the big photo. The first day of December is as good as any other for the calendar card, right?
You may have noticed my album is a little different to the one you are working with. I am using a capture album from Basic Grey - the pockets are not quite the same design as Studio Calico and Snap designs. On the right page there is a one and a quarter inch pocket across the middle. I thought it would be a great opportunity to make a photo strip with the extra photos. It took me five minutes in photoshop and I printed on my new selphy. What can I say - we have a lot of fun putting up the tree.

Okay, I admit this card didn't turn out as I pictured it in my head. I had hoped to type on the tag, but the darn thing just wouldn't go through the typewriter. I also tried to do that awesome messy thread wrap thing that Kayla does so well, but that girl is in a league of her own. I really am going to hit her up for a lesson. What I do love about this card is the story and the backing paper. When we were putting the kit together, this was one of Ruth's picks. I'm so glad she fought hard for it. 

The majority of the embellishments are from the Polly December daily, along with the paper and filler cards. This kit is just jam-packed with so many goodies; it's like Christmas came early. If you would like your own Christmas treat in the mail, you can still buy it here.

Aimee xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive