Guest DT - Agnus with Passionfruit Souffle!

11:00



Hi my name is Agnus and I’m a 38 year old mumma of 3 gorgeous boys who keep me on my toes and make life interesting the say the least ;) I have been scrapping for around 9 years and love capturing all the little moments that make up our daily lives and have become hooked on Project Life style of scrapping, although I still love to create 12x12 pages. My scrapping style is pretty simple and I have a bit of a weakness for patterned paper. I mainly use clean lines and layers and always try to keep my photos as the main focus on my pages. I like to finish things off with a bit of stitching and use embellishment clusters to help tell the story and often make my own embellishments to give my pages a hand made feel.

You can find me here:


***

I’ve been a happy subscriber to the fabulous Polly! Pocket Life kits since the beginning and was very excited to have the chance to play with the gorgeous Passionfruit Souffle scrapbooking kit this month. I instantly fell in love with the beautiful combination of colours and patterns in this kit, and because I mainly scrap boy pages, I was very happy to see that even though the kit was filled with loads of pretty goodies it was still perfect for creating boy pages!

Happy Little Moments
For my first layout I wanted to capture a moment of my youngest son busy playing with his toys on our stairs. I love taking in the little details while he plays and couldn’t resist taking a photo of his perfect little feet :)

I really like the subtle detail of wood grain papers and often use them as a base for my layouts and thought the grey colours would make a good contrast against the bright diagonal paper. I added a few strips of the thin washi tape along side the pink stripe to help draw attention to the smaller photo. The star paper was too good to pass up and so I cut up a few pieces on the same angle as the diagonal stripe and stitched these in place.




You can’t go wrong with enamel dots and I really like how the white dots pop against the other colours. I also extended the star pattern by gluing on a few of the tiny sequin stars to the page.


I absolutely love the cool metal arrows included in the kit and used a simple cross stitch to secure them to the page. I also used some of the bakers twine in a similar cross technique to dress up the other arrow.




Our Family
My next layout features a snapshot of me with my family. I wanted a soft feel for my page and chose the confetti dots and coral stripe papers because they both have a nice creamy base and used a strip of the thin washi tape to anchor the two patterns together.






I couldn’t wait to use the gorgeous sparkly gold enamel dots and added a few drops of gold colour mist as well as some metallic gold stitching to tie it all in.


I cut our a simple heart form the square of yellow gingham and backed it with a vellum pocket filled with some of the tiny sequin stars to add some interest to my cluster.


The typewriter chipboard was a perfect accent to add near my journaling, and I used a Bohemian Typewriter font on my computer to print up my journaling - I cut the strips slightly wider on the bottom so I would have room to stitch them in place.

Say Cheese
Because I still had so many awesome products left over, I decided to create another layout. I really wanted to make use of the bold polka dot and the whimsical heart papers and combined the two for this page about my son and his cousins striking a pose for the camera.
I started this page by spraying a white cardstock base with a bit of seafoam coloured mist and stitched a 10” frame in the centre. Because I had already used the reverse side of the polka dot paper for my first layout, I used the cut out portion as a design element and filled in the missing section with the heart paper.



I used the Simple Stories stickers to help tell the story and also to add little pops of accent colour to create a flow across the page.

The little yellow tab sticker is attached to a small journaling card with all the details from the day. I used baby powder to get rid of the stickiness on the back of the sticker before attaching it onto the card and tucking it in behind the large heart square.



Thanks for taking the time to check out how I have used this awesome kit. I’d love to see how you have used your kits :)


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is AWESOME, I love how you mixed the papers together and had such a different feel from one project to the next. Your details are the highlight, the stitching and little accents are so perfect. Super inspired by your projects Agnus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These layouts are fabulous. I love how you a dare to mix some of your patterned papers and use simple things like washi to bring it together. It works!! Love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your pages Agnus. So beautiful. I love how you wrapped the arrow in bakers twine. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done Agnus ♥

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive