Stash busting a Teddybears Picnic

10:00

Hi Everyone, Michelle here today sharing a layout I made this past weekend at Scrap Camp.
A wonderful weekend spent with a fantastic group of crafters, including some of our own past and present DT members. 

To get this layout done, I grabbed the remnants of my Strawberry Fields Pocket Life kit, this months sketch and then went a little mixed media crazy. I think Ive well and truly killed this kit now!

A reminder of what the sketch looks like. 

This layout was so much fun to complete. I love getting a little arty with my layouts..
To make the background, I dove into my mixed media supplies.. Whipped spackle, gelatos, gesso, bubble wrap, stencils, distress ink. I just experimented and am really happy with how it turned out.

To add some dimension to the page I dipped into the remnants of my Pocket life kit. I had a few random pieces of pattern paper left over from my pocket life spreads. Some were in strips and some in full sheets. Ive layered them up with some vellum underneath the photo and overlay from the Shimelle overlays pack. Then a couple of glitter banners stickers from my stash. 
I love to add layers like this.  

I had a couple of date tabs left over so I've put one to good use to document the date of the photo. Ive attached this to the page with my tiny attacher along with the butterfly clip from the embellishments kit.

Last but not least, my title made from 2 types of Shimelle alphas and another set form my stash. Finished off with the 3 gorgeous flower blooms that I saved just for this layout. They were a little too heavy to use within my pocket life pages but worked perfect with this layout. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you're all having fun creating with this sketch. 
Don't forget to upload your creations to the sketch challenge post so we can see what you come up with :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive